Audio transcoding even though my tv supports it

MrVoid21

MrVoid21

Hello.I am new to emby and i think it is a very good app.But I've had a problem.I have a lot of videos which have different audio codecs.For example the one in the photo.My tv supports eac3 but it still transcodes to aac.When the audio transcodes and i use the skip 10 seconds button the subtitles get delayed.Or when i use the resume where i left off button the subtitles get delayed too.I am using the emby app on my Lg Un 7100.

Screenshot_20210831-193821_WhatsApp.jpg

OK the app tried to direct play the file, the LG video player raised an error when trying to play it, and then the app automatically switched to transcoding to make the file playable.

The next update to the app will show this as the transcoding reason in the stats for nerds feature. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

22 minutes ago, MrVoid21 said:

Well yeah sure but why can't it direct play?If my tv supports the audio codec?

There is probably an issue with the container file and not with the actual codecs within. It's hard to say and currently the app does not send the error information to the server for display, although even if we did, the LG video player only gives us a couple vague high level error codes like network error or media format error.

But this should not be widespread with all files.

• 3 months later...