Continue Watching broken after update to 4.6.4.0

Monkrocker
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Monkrocker

Had nothing in my CW list pre-update.  Post update I have like 20 things.  None of them have a progress bar, so I am assuming it's showing me the next episode (they are all TV shows).

Actually I just confirmed:  if I mark one as Watched, the next episode appears in this list.

As I was searching thru  topics for this issue, I saw a reference to showing the Next episode being an option somewhere?  I can't seem to find it if it is, but I would like to turn this off.

TIA.

• Solution

Hi.  Continue Watching and Next Up were merged in 4.6.  If you would like the old behavior, select "Next Up (Legacy)" for one of your home screen rows in the home screen settings.

Monkrocker
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Continue Watching and Next Up were merged in 4.6.  If you would like the old behavior, select "Next Up (Legacy)" for one of your home screen rows in the home screen settings.

Okay but what if I don't want Next Up at all?

3 hours ago, Monkrocker said:

Okay but what if I don't want Next Up at all?

We don't really have a solution for that at this time.

Monkrocker
19 hours ago, ebr said:

Marked this as solution, but loss of functionality I actually used isn't really a solution, per se.  But at least now I understand what I'm seeing.

Thanks!

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, Monkrocker said:

Marked this as solution, but loss of functionality I actually used isn't really a solution, per se.  But at least now I understand what I'm seeing.

Thanks!

You can sort "Next Up (Legacy)" as the last section in your Home Screen settings, below "Latest Media", that way it'll be out of your way and you'll hardly ever see it. 

Monkrocker
Just now, GrimReaper said:

You can sort "Next Up (Legacy)" as the last section in your Home Screen settings, below "Latest Media", that way it'll be out of your way and you'll hardly ever see it. 

Continue Watching is the only section I use.  v🙃v

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, Monkrocker said:

Continue Watching is the only section I use.  v🙃v

Yes, I understood, but if you want it to show ONLY items for continuing, you need Next Up (Legacy) enabled, as @ebr pointed out. Hence enable it and move it out of the way, so you'll keep CW functionality as you are used to. 

Edit: Ahhhh, or you have no Latest on Home screen? That's an unusual one. In that case it won't work. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Append

Monkrocker
2 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Yes, I understood, but if you want it to show ONLY items for continuing, you need Next Up (Legacy) enabled, as @ebr pointed out. Hence enable it and move it out of the way, so you'll keep CW functionality as you are used to. 

Edit: Ahhhh, or you have no Latest on Home screen? That's an unusual one. In that case it won't work. 

Yeah my Home Screen is just Movies, TV Shows, Collections across the top, then Continue Watching.  That's it.

I get it.  My use-case is unusual.  C'est la vie.  I appreciate the suggestions, however. :)

• Like 1