Utilizing the Pause Function, within Live TV, Causes the Stream to End

martincom

martincom

I was delighted when I realized the "Pause" feature was functional when viewing live TV. 

1. If pausing for just a few seconds, it works fine.

2.  However, if pausing for more than a few seconds, say 20 to 30 seconds, the programming resumes OK.  Shortly after resuming, a colored background box opens from the right lower portion of the screen (I believe the background color changes, also--having seen green & pink.)  This box queries if you're still watching and if so, to press any button.  I do, the box closes and the program continues for less than a minute (maybe the duration of the pause?) and then abruptly terminates and exits to the program guide.

Emby version: 4.6.4.0 (stable)

Roku Ultra

m3u tuner emulation of Locast2tuner

embyserver-63765878401.txt

Edited by martincom

Hi, what button are you hitting when the "are you still watching" prompt appears?

Could you try something for me?

If you're hitting the ok/play button try a different key such as left or right arrow and see if this makes any difference.  I wonder if an OK is getting though and is being processed by something down stream which causes the problem.  Probably not, but worth checking.

martincom

I was utilizing the "enter" button, in the center of the 4-way.  I'll try another button.

• Like 1

martincom

I believe I found the issue.  Awhile back, I had Emby beta installed when working through some DLNA issues.  The Ytrailers plug-in would not function with the beta release.  As such, I reverted back to the stable version.  When I attached the log file yesterday, I noticed errors being reported by Ytrailers.  When I migrated back from beta, I retained the configuration files and I speculated that had something to do with the Ytrailers issue.  So I performed a zero trace removal of Emby and then re-installed.

That "clean sheet" installation, of the stable version, appears to have resolved the Ytrailer issue.  It also resolved the "pause" issue that is the subject of this thread.

Please note that going back and forth between beta and stable on the same installation is not officially supported. Better to report your issues on the beta channel then try to roll back.

martincom

Yes, I was bad.  I was hoping I could save the configuration and a couple of hours.

As to Ytrailers not functioning on beta, I had researched it and came across a thread in that regard.  I can see how it would be unreasonable to expect the author to support compatibility of a plug-in on a beta version.  Thus, why I moved back.