DLNA playback from MusicCast app to Yamaha speaker and receiver

blaaat

Apologies for the delay. I've finally tracked down this issue and it will be resolved in the upcoming Emby Server 4.8 release. If you need immediate relief, the fix will be in the Emby Server beta channel later this week.

francesco_
On 2/20/2023 at 8:34 PM, Luke said:

Apologies for the delay. I've finally tracked down this issue and it will be resolved in the upcoming Emby Server 4.8 release. If you need immediate relief, the fix will be in the Emby Server beta channel later this week.

Hey Luke,

Thanks for looking into this. I installed the latest beta version of the windows server (4.8.0.21), but I seem to have the same issues with my DLNA Yamaha receivers: 1) only the first song plays when starting playback of an album/playlist 2) no playback controls on the android app when connected and playing on the Yamaha receiver via DLNA 3) when clicking  on the cast icon on the top right while connected the the Yamaha receiver and while playing, and the clicking on "remote control", an empty page renders. 

Thanks!

Sorry the build with the fix hasn't been published yet. Although it sounds like for you it may not help. It will primarily help those who cannot play at all.

francesco_
39 minutes ago, Luke said:

Sorry the build with the fix hasn't been published yet. Although it sounds like for you it may not help. It will primarily help those who cannot play at all.

Understood. Thanks for the quick reply 

• 4 weeks later...

@francesco_

Apologies for the delay. The new beta with the fix is currently rolling out. 

If you need immediate relief, please try it out and report your experience. Thanks !

• 1 month later...
freexe

I've got Musicast and Emby working without too many issues. The only issue I had was that my docker compose was not running in host mode they couldn't see each other. But in host mode they could.

Yes dlna will be much easier to get working with the container in host networking mode.

• Agree 1