How do you filter to display only unwatched content?

skuuup
Go to solution Solved by skuuup,

skuuup

In the web player there's many filtering options to choose from, and I typically enable the filter view only unwatched movies/tv, but in the Emby app for the Apple TV I only see buttons for "Play All", "Shuffle", "Sort By", and "..." context menu, which only has two additional options: "(Show) Titles" and "Group items into collections". 

Am I missing this setting somewhere? Thank you.

Hi, yes we'll be adding these to the apple tv app in upcoming updates. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

skuuup

Great thank you!

I recently switched to Apple TV and other than that and missing the ability to view trailers for movies, I am quite happy with it.

• 1 month later...
sfatula

Maybe I misunderstand this question, but in Emby on Apple TV, I record everything on TV (for example) in a Library I call "Recorded Shows". In the Emby ATV app, my second row is "Latest Recorded Shows" and that row only shows unwatched content. Perhaps the OP is wanting this within a specific folder for some other purpose, but, this works beautifully for us as it's right there on the home screen on the second row. Might have to configure the home screen to get stuff in the right order, enable latest, etc.

99% of our Emby use is simply watching TV shows that we recorded but have not watched yet.

On 10/8/2021 at 2:54 PM, sfatula said:

Maybe I misunderstand this question, but in Emby on Apple TV, I record everything on TV (for example) in a Library I call "Recorded Shows". In the Emby ATV app, my second row is "Latest Recorded Shows" and that row only shows unwatched content. Perhaps the OP is wanting this within a specific folder for some other purpose, but, this works beautifully for us as it's right there on the home screen on the second row. Might have to configure the home screen to get stuff in the right order, enable latest, etc.

99% of our Emby use is simply watching TV shows that we recorded but have not watched yet.

For me, I've separated my series into multiple Libraries in Emby (News, Cartoons, Reality TV, etc) and unfortunately the "Latest Recorded Shows" groups everything together and orders by latest content (I like to watch old programming also), so this is not useful to me.

In particular, my "Reality TV" library has many series contained within it (> 100 different series), which results in quite a bit of scrolling. Many of these I have already finished watching which display with a green check mark and I would simply like to filter these out.

• Solution

OK- I reviewed my libraries and noticed that most of them were of the content type "Mixed Content". It seems that this content type selection for libraries was added in an Emby release after I made my libraries.

I re-created my all of my libraries with content type as either "Movies" or "Series", and now I see the filter options displayed in the Emby ATV app that I was searching for. 

Consider this request resolved!

Edited by skuuup

sfatula
On 10/11/2021 at 5:40 PM, skuuup said:

For me, I've separated my series into multiple Libraries in Emby (News, Cartoons, Reality TV, etc) and unfortunately the "Latest Recorded Shows" groups everything together and orders by latest content (I like to watch old programming also), so this is not useful to me.

In particular, my "Reality TV" library has many series contained within it (> 100 different series), which results in quite a bit of scrolling. Many of these I have already finished watching which display with a green check mark and I would simply like to filter these out.

Interesting. My "Latest Recorded Shows" only shows unwatched content. As long as you mark things watched, works beautifully for me.

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2021 at 7:11 PM, sfatula said:

Interesting. My "Latest Recorded Shows" only shows unwatched content. As long as you mark things watched, works beautifully for me.

That's due to your emby server home screen options.

sfatula
On 11/18/2021 at 1:53 PM, Luke said:

That's due to your emby server home screen options.

Of course, was pointing it out as an alternative.