Menu update in place

obituary
Go to solution Solved by DiscoDuck79,

obituary

I was previously running Kodi 18 with the older plugin using the Aeon MQ 9 skin. One thing that I really appreciated on that set up was "updates in place" of the movie/tv lists as the plugin synced the library. I didn't have to back out and re-enter menus to see updates.

After moving to Kodi 19.1 on Estuary/Aeon MQ 9 with the beta next-gen plugin, I don't see this behavior anymore.

My question is, was this a plugin behavior thing? Kodi? Skin? I figured I'd start here since it seems to be the most likely.

Thank you.

quickmic

"updates in place" you mean realtime updates? This should work, but I'm constantly improving that matter.

Which version are you using?

obituary

By updates in place, I mean I'm sitting in the Movies list around, let's say the letter S. I download a movie starting with S and I'm staring at that area in the list. On the older plugin, I'd see the update bar kick in and the movie appear in place, without having to change menus to "refresh the menu" so to speak.

I just tested it again on 5.3.4. I had to back out of the Movie list and re-enter. Then the movie appeared. 

• Thanks 1

obituary

Is that something you think is addressed in the 6.0.[3-4] builds? Happy to switch to dev builds from the beta repo for testing. Or even contribute to the project if it's accepting PRs.

quickmic
8 hours ago, obituary said:

Is that something you think is addressed in the 6.0.[3-4] builds? Happy to switch to dev builds from the beta repo for testing. Or even contribute to the project if it's accepting PRs.

I'm currently completely rewriting the sync queues (not the sync code itself, just the queues) but they are responsible for pushing updates to the actual sync code. I hope it fixes all these  issues. Sometimes it could also be related to 3rd party plugins, especially plugins custom skins uses (skin helpers etc.). I'll release a new (experimental) test version soon...

DiscoDuck79
On 8/30/2021 at 8:14 PM, obituary said:

By updates in place, I mean I'm sitting in the Movies list around, let's say the letter S. I download a movie starting with S and I'm staring at that area in the list. On the older plugin, I'd see the update bar kick in and the movie appear in place, without having to change menus to "refresh the menu" so to speak.

I just tested it again on 5.3.4. I had to back out of the Movie list and re-enter. Then the movie appeared. 

I use the latest beta and Embuary, did as you described in your post and the movie becomes visible in the movie list without reloading the skin or going back and forth between the menus.

Edited by DiscoDuck79

obituary
On 9/2/2021 at 3:13 AM, DiscoDuck79 said:

I use the latest beta and Embuary, did as you described in your post and the movie becomes visible in the movie list without reloading the skin or going back and forth between the menus.

Thanks. That's useful information. I am starting from a completely fresh install so I wonder what I'm missing. This is Kodi 19.1 you tested?

Thanks.