Don't record episodes in my library option doesn't work

MBSki

MBSki

This option doesn't seem to be working correctly. I checked the box to record The Goldberg's, but it still recorded episodes that were in my library. It appears to be looking for an exact filename match. Why isn't it looking for an episode match instead?

image.png.8ddeeb0af2fdf47be53ea2bc0b6ca117.png 

Here's what was in my library.

image.png.45763151d3a0a612b51e2561f7413d0a.png

Here's what was recorded:

image.png.1ad5138e2d661ac8e6d1ea5c95c6a76d.png

They're the same exact episodes, but named differently and Emby uses 1 digit for season number vs 2. It shouldn't be checking on filename, but that definitely seems to be what's happening.

MBSki

I tried this on 4.6.3, but didn't see anything in release notes for beta that would fix this. The fix in beta seemed to indicate recording episodes no matter what 

I ask because I've not seen this problem issue but the latest beta made a change which could have added a regression problem.

Just to double check if you look for episode 12 & 13 of the Goldberg's Season 2 do they show up correctly in Emby (previous version)?

MBSki

Yes. As you can see I have 2 episode 12's now.

I'll check what beta does, but it seems it would make it worse.

Screenshot_20210830-100027_Emby.jpg

That is pretty strange.  Yes please try the latest Beta and let us know how you make out.

MBSki

Actually, I think this might be an issue specifically with The Goldbergs. Could be other shows too, but with The Goldbergs, there are 2 programs showing up. One is 2013 and the other is 2015. Plex is only finding 1 and I've got Plex and Emby using the same tuners. Different guide of course since Emby has it's own guide. Maybe something is wrong with the guide data and it isn't getting refreshed properly?

image.png.03744906395fc65f8e6e00d74e68405d.png

image.png.90c7da089eaec28bb30ce6ded9f6fed4.png

MBSki
6 minutes ago, cayars said:

I'm not familiar with this show.

Should there be two different years?

No, only 1. 2013 is the correct year. There are 2 different "The Goldbergs" shows, but nothing in 2015. I think the Emby DVR needs to add the year to the shows title as well to help with matching.

image.png.78b0097abde90c3de187318173174002.png

If you're 2015 version is an Emty folder remove it and rescan your library.
I bet that was the issue.

MBSki

I don't have an empty folder in my library. 2015 is coming from the Emby Guide Data when I do a search for "The Goldbergs". I don't think there's anything I can change to fix it. 

OK got it.  I just checked on my system and I do have the 2013 series and also see this listed as 2015 in the Guide data. :(

No because this is usually the networks creating these records.

I have around 6 shows like this from around 2500 on my system.

MBSki

So why isn't Plex picking up a 2nd version? I think there's something wrong specifically in the Emby Guide Data not the networks data.

Emby Guide data comes from the networks.

@Luke What specifically is Emby using to find the series to check if it exists?  Is it using the showname/year or some type of ID?

MBSki
8 hours ago, Luke said:

It's based on season and episode numbers, not episode title.

Ok, so then why did it record the duplicate episodes?

And why are there 2 entries for The Goldbergs (2013 & 2015) when the 2013 show is the only valid Goldbergs show?  

11 hours ago, Luke said:

It's based on season and episode numbers, not episode title.

Yes got that part but what does Emby use to match the show?

IE in TV Library is folder "The Goldbergs (2013)" but the Guide info shows The Goldbergs as year 2015?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Luke Following up on this. Can you figure out what's going on with some of these shows? The guide isn't populating correctly and it's grabbing "The Goldbergs" from 2015, even though no such show exists. Can you please fix?  

The issue in a nutshell @Luke is the guide data.  The example above (I have this myself) is a show setup in my TV shows library called "The Goldbergs (2013)". This is correct and listed with our meta-providers.

The guide data lists this as The Goldbergs (2015) which doesn't exist in any meta-data provider and really is the 2013 version.

12 minutes ago, cayars said:

The guide data lists this as The Goldbergs (2015) which doesn't exist in any meta-data provider and really is the 2013 version.

And what's weird is that the guide ALSO lists The Goldbergs (2013), which is the right name, but the listings within The Goldbergs (2013) are incorrect or completely invalid.

• Like 1