NextPVR Version: 5.1.4.210802

raymondjpg

raymondjpg

I am having difficulty accessing EPG and tuners from NextPVR Version: 5.1.4.210802 using the NextPVR plugin. I can access NextPVR Version: 4.2.5 (191014) perfectly well using the NextPVR plugin.

I am using the default PIN code 0000 and have Unauthenticated Access checked in NextPVR Version: 5.1.4.210802 setup.

EPG and Live TV are working as expected in NextPVR Version: 5.1.4.210802.

I have also tried adding NextPVR as a source but on saving encounter an error saving the TV provider.

Attached is the most recent log from Emby Server. That may inform the source of the error saving the TV provider, but probably not any errors associated with access to NextPVR Version: 5.1.4.210802 using the NextPVR plugin.

Suggestions please how to resolve this access issue.

TIA

embyserver.txt

arrbee99

Do you know the version of your NextPVR plugin. I get the impression (probably wrong as usual) that you're using a NextPVR plugin specific to v4 and you need the new(ish) v5 plugin.

raymondjpg

Thanks for the response.

I am using the NextPVR Plugin Version 3.3.3.0. I can only see that version in the Emby Plugin Catalogue.

arrbee99

I was just going to say 3.3.3 sounds right to me, but when I looked just now it says its 3.7.0 in the plugin catalog.

You definitely see 3.3.3 ?

raymondjpg

Thanks for the link. I could be wrong but it looks to me as if this version of the NextPVR plugin 3.7.0 only works with NextPVR v5. Would that be right?

If so, not a big problem but unfortunately the USB tuner I have installed in the PC where I have NextPVR v4 installed doesn't look to be supported in NextPVR v5.

arrbee99

Well, I'm fairly sure 3.7.0 only works with v5 of NextPVR, but I'm just a user and an loathe to say anything definitive.

Have you checked on NextPVRs forum about your tuner, 'sub' and the folks over there are pretty responsive.

arrbee99

But you said this 'EPG and Live TV are working as expected in NextPVR Version: 5.1.4.210802', so am a bit confused now...

raymondjpg

I should clarify. I have NextPVR v5 working well on a satellite PC on my LAN that I use for TV recordings and Live TV in Kodi on a number of HTPCs on the LAN. The tuner is a Hauppauge quadHD Four Tuner PCIe Board working off a high quality rooftop antenna feed.

I also have a Hauppauge Ministick 2 USB tuner in my main desktop PC which doesn't appear to scan too well with NextPVR v5, but it may be because the RF feed (internal aerial) is not too good.

I'll go back to the NextPVR forums and ask if that tuner is incompatible with NextPVR v5, or if I need a stronger RF feed.

Thanks for your assistance.

arrbee99

Sounds worth a try.

Sorry. Couldn't help much. Guess with time zones maybe all the NextPVR experts (on this forum) are in the land of Nod 😀

emveepee

The V4 and V5 plugins are different.  On Windows the digital tuner h/w support will be the same as V4 since it uses the WIndows BDA architecture..  Problems are often the signal from the source (too weak or too strong) or too many splits.  A could place to start is to see how it works with WinTV on the main desktop.

But yes this post should really continue on the NextPVR forum when you can post the zipped logs of the scan, sometimes the tuning file used is incorrect or outdated.

Martin

raymondjpg
2 minutes ago, emveepee said:

The V4 and V5 plugins are different.  On Windows the digital tuner h/w support will be the same as V4 since it uses the WIndows BDA architecture..  Problems are often the signal from the source (too weak or too strong) or too many splits.  A could place to start is to see how it works with WinTV on the main desktop.

But yes this post should really continue on the NextPVR forum when you can post the zipped logs of the scan, sometimes the tuning file used is incorrect or outdated.

Martin

Thanks for that. I was eventually able to get all channels scanned into NextPVR v5 using the Hauppauge Ministick 2 USB tuner, by repeatedly persevering with the manual scan options available. I suspect that the internal aerial I use with that tuner was not providing a strong enough signal to scan all available channels in automatically. It is possible I might have had greater success running the scan during prime time viewing when the transmitter signal might have been higher.