Error recording 2 channels - M3U simultaneous stream limit

axel1516

axel1516

Hi,

My IPTV provider allows 2 simultaneous connections, so I should be able to record 2 channels at once. I was actually able to do that when I tested but yesterday morning I was not.

Could it be possible that one of the previous streams was not properly closed?

2021-08-28 06:25:00.021 Error M3UTunerHost: Error opening tuner
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.4.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 5.10.0-8-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc-10 (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2) #1 S
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 1
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: M3U simultaneous stream limit has been reached.
	   at Emby.LiveTV.TunerHosts.M3UTunerHost.GetChannelStream(TunerHostInfo info, ChannelInfo channelInfo, String streamId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.TunerHosts.BaseTunerHost.GetChannelStream(String channelId, String streamId, List`1 currentLiveStreams, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.LiveTV
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Is this a known issue? Do you think this lies with my IPTV provider of not properly keeping track of streams or Emby?

Can DM full log if needed.

Thanks!

Hi, Is it possible a stream was being used for Live TV or already recording?

Edited by cayars

axel1516

Yes one recording was already happening. No Live TV as I was asleep haha.

So it should have been able to record again.

I wonder where that limit of 2 was raised? I think my IPTV might cut off the first stream when trying to stream a third, not sure - then I could increase the limit on Emby and it would just cancel whatever was running

axel1516

Thanks for your time on this one. So you're saying that the error below could come straight from the provider? Will try to see what happens when I watch or record actually more than 2 (different or same error...)

MediaBrowser.Controller.LiveTv.LiveTvConflictException: M3U simultaneous stream limit has been reached.

To be honest, I think that is Emby tracking the stream count so I don't think it's a provider issue.

axel1516

That's how I interpreted the error message too. Will try to increase the stream limit on Emby and see what happens 🤞