YTrailers - No Quality Control? Not Actually Trailers Being Downloaded

Kured
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Ok, I recently purchased Ytrailers from the @radeon website. I have been running it for a day now, downloading trailers for hundreds of movies. I occasionally have been checking some of the trailers, and am surprised to find that what is called a “trailer” is actually nothing of the sort. One example would be, Scream (1996) is just Wes Craven talking for 2 minutes about the movie. There are many other examples like this, where it is not actually the trailer that is being downloaded. So, who is to blame here? Is it radeon’s plugin? Who is responsible for picking the trailer for each movie?

• Solution
Happy2Play
25 minutes ago, Kured said:

Who is responsible for picking the trailer for each movie?

The trailer link is provided by TMDB ie whatever community user applied it.  So if you write nfo files you will see the link, otherwise you would have to dig into the database.  But a general look on TMDB will give you a general idea.

32 minutes ago, Kured said:

One example would be, Scream (1996) is just Wes Craven talking for 2 minutes about the movie.

A guess is your metadata has the featurette and not the Trailer.

Scream (1996) - Trailers & Videos — The Movie Database (TMDB) (themoviedb.org)

This shouldn't have anything to do with the plugin except maybe quality as I don't know how that is chosen.  But yes in the past Emby has gotten all the videos and not specifically limiting to Trailers.

1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

The trailer link is provided by TMDB ie whatever community user applied it.  So if you write nfo files you will see the link, otherwise you would have to dig into the database.  But a general look on TMDB will give you a general idea.

A guess is your metadata has the featurette and not the Trailer.

Scream (1996) - Trailers & Videos — The Movie Database (TMDB) (themoviedb.org)

This shouldn't have anything to do with the plugin except maybe quality as I don't know how that is chosen.  But yes in the past Emby has gotten all the videos and not specifically limiting to Trailers.

Thanks for the info :)

I have changed nothing in any settings related to metadata, etc, so this is the standard way that trailers are being downloaded, which isn't great, is it? Seriously, many of the so-called trailers are these featurettes. Anyways, I know from old not to bother complaining about anything like this, as it is very unlikely it will be sorted. Just wondered what was going on, so thanks again for the info.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Kured said:

Thanks for the info :)

I have changed nothing in any settings related to metadata, etc, so this is the standard way that trailers are being downloaded, which isn't great, is it? Seriously, many of the so-called trailers are these featurettes. Anyways, I know from old not to bother complaining about anything like this, as it is very unlikely it will be sorted. Just wondered what was going on, so thanks again for the info.

Would need to see specific metadata but as mentioned a change was made back in April as Emby was not filtering to only trailers, it was getting every video listed.

Can you change which trailer plays for a movie? - General/Windows - Emby Community

So yes old fetched media can have bad metadata.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Would need to see specific metadata but as mentioned a change was made back in April as Emby was not filtering to only trailers, it was getting every video listed.

Can you change which trailer plays for a movie? - General/Windows - Emby Community

So yes old fetched media can have bad metadata.

I see from what you said in the link that the only way to now correct this is "Library will have to be removed, library scan, delete all nfo files, re-add library, library scan". Once again, I am left shaking my head at how sloppy Emby is, even after all this time. This "wrong trailer" issue was as a result of Emby, and now it is fixed in an update. Yet, people like me are now left with this issue to awkwardly clean up, rather than Emby having the built-in option to get brand new metadata? Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

Anyways, thanks again for your help, Happy2Play :)