Connectivity issues with multiple Roku devices

Redell30

Redell30

I've been having connectivity issues to a remote server on my Roku devices and cannot for the life of me figure out the issue.

The server administrator informed me that no other clients have my issue and we both believe it is on my end.

2 different Android phones are able to connect to the server from the same network the Roku's are connected to without any issues.

I've been troubleshooting for the past few days that include:

• Restarting the Roku and Factory resetting the Roku.
  • Restarting my modem and Factory resetting it.
  • Bought a new Roku Express 4K+ (previous were 2 different Express devices).
  • Placed Express on top of Modem in case of signal interference.
  • Tried the Emby Beta channel.

None of the above helped, every Roku device show the same symptoms:

• Inputting the server address/port results in server connectivity error occasionally
  • If above passes, inputting account and password results in the same.
  • Getting even further in sometimes can get connected but get spinning wheel forever resulting in having to back out and try again.
  • And even further, the different lists half populate with media very slowly if at all.

Hi.  The symptoms sound like a very bad network connection.  Is the device wireless?  What is the internet speed?

Redell30
8 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The symptoms sound like a very bad network connection.  Is the device wireless?  What is the internet speed?

The Roku devices are wireless, but it views the signal as strong in the network check and through the Xfinity app's Internet Health check.

Every device on the network seems to have a good connection, even other channels on the Roku work fine, its just the Emby channel I have an issue.

I have Gigabit Internet and testing shows anywhere between 600-900 Mbps on wired and 80-100 Mbps on wireless.

This issue has only been going on for about 3 weeks and we have had the same connection for the past few months.

taylorstan

I started experiencing this issue this morning. It's happening on 3 different Roku TVs. Android, Amazon Fire, and web browsing all work fine. Rebooted all devices. Rebooted Emby server, webserver, and physical hardware several times. All other servers and services on physical hardware are working as normal. Internet and internal network are working normally. All other services on the TVs are working as designed.

Example errors:

-60 SSL certificate not yet valid

Choose server to connect 

When it does connect - freezing

When it does connect - blank display showing only username

When it does connect - username showing as "unknown"

When it does connect - display preferences not using user settings, freezing

When it does connect - missing icons, freezing

Edited by taylorstan

3 hours ago, taylorstan said:

I started experiencing this issue this morning. It's happening on 3 different Roku TVs. Android, Amazon Fire, and web browsing all work fine. Rebooted all devices. Rebooted Emby server, webserver, and physical hardware several times. All other servers and services on physical hardware are working as normal. Internet and internal network are working normally. All other services on the TVs are working as designed.

Example errors:

Choose server to connect 

Hi.  Any proxies involved?

Redell30
6 hours ago, taylorstan said:

Example errors:

Choose server to connect 

Sounds exactly like what I'm experiencing.

2 hours ago, ebr said:

No proxies on my end.

taylorstan
2 hours ago, ebr said:

I've confirmed with my provider that there have not been any network changes. They are not seeing any errors on the server or network.

Can we please look at a specific instance of when this happened, including the corresponding Emby Server log? thanks.

taylorstan

Cannot connect again at this point. But areas like latest movies, latest shows will be missing from home screen. Then in other tabs random movie/show posters will be missing.

WIN_20210901_11_31_30_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210901_11_21_55_Pro.jpg

Yes absolutely. I can do a remote session to take a look and help test a few things to try and find any issues.

Please send me a PM and we can arrange a support session to help you out remotely.

• Like 1

taylorstan

Update....Called ISP and turned out to be a misconfigured router in their network. All is back to normal for me. I called after having some auth issues with my work devices.