Game metadata structure and manager

antilog17
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

antilog17

I just updated from MediaBrowser 2.x to MediaBrowser 3 and it's been interesting. A couple of questions that I've tried to search for but did not find exact answers to.

1) After seeing a comment from back in October that Gamebrowser-meta should not be used to manage game metadata, is there a metadata manager with a nice interface (like Gamebrowser-meta or in the vein of metabrowser) that will be produce metadata and images that Gamebrowser likes? I realize Gamebrowser can parse and get metadata on its own, but I would like a manager to help me manually tweak metaadata as I would like. I love how metabrowser (and formerly Gamebrowser-meta) can auto retrieve the information but make it easy for me to use custom images or modify information to my preferences. I will admit, Gamebrowser so far as taken my old file system structure and seems to be reading it no problem, so not sure what the exact incompatibility was.

2) Failing that, if I am forced to let Gamebrowser auto retrieve meta data and manually modify it, can someone provide a detailed description of all the metadata / image files that Gamebrowser looks for and uses? I realize the tutorial shows images of the folder structure and along with the configuration options, it's very useful, but I was hoping for specifics, such as what image files Gamebrowser will use. The tutorial shows a "folder" and a "thumb" in each platform. Does it allow other image names for platforms? And there were no image files in the game folders themselves. Are there any supported? I can play around with these things from my old Gamebrowser-meta produced workspace, but I was hoping someone would provide (or point me to) a more detailed explanation.

Thanks for the great plugin! Just looking forward to having Gamebrowser back to working order after I finish the configuration (getting the metadata in order would just be a bonus).

• Solution

Use the web interface to view a game -> click edit.

@ how about a video of how to edit metadata?

• Like 1

antilog17

Whoa! I didn't even realize there was a built in metadata manager. Just goes to show you what a blind idiot I am. This is great. Let me play around with this.