Jump to content

new content not showing


timlance
 Share

Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Recommended Posts

timlance

I added several albums last night. They do not show in my Library. I have rescanned. New stuff still not showing.

Any ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

timlance

Previously I had two Fairport Convention albums. I added 6 more last night. Only showing the original two. Had seven Wes Montgomery, added three, only the original seven.

Looking for them under Artist and under Albums. There were more additions with none now showing.

In Settings I have gone to Server>Library>Scan Library Files and done so.

 

Edited by timlance
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, timlance said:

Previously I had two Fairport Convention albums. I added 6 more last night. Only showing the original two. Had seven Wes Montgomery, added three, only the original seven.

Looking for them under Artist and under Albums.

In Settings I have gone to Server>Library>Scan Library Files and done so.

May be a tagging issue, do the songs appear when searched or via Songs or Folders tab?

Are the tracks listed in the existing albums?

 

Edited by Happy2Play
Link to comment
Share on other sites

timlance

They do not appear anywhere. I have a determined tagging scheme I have adhered to for years - 1,632 artists, 4,604 albums.

It is simply as if the scan update does not do anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you checked the embedded tags within the audio files? That is where the server pulls the information from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

timlance

"checked the embedded tags within the audio files" - where/how?

How would they be done any different than all the other files?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

timlance

On the Dashboard page I see a bunch of Alerts for 'Scan media library failed". The latest one is not the last time I scanned. Nevertheless when I click the circled i I get the following:

Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.Execute(IDatabaseConnection This, ReadOnlySpan`1 sqlUtf8)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.RollbackTransaction(IDatabaseConnection This)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.SaveItems(List`1 items, Action`1 afterSave, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.SaveItems(List`1 items, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.UpdateItems(List`1 items, BaseItem parent, ItemUpdateType updateReason, Boolean setDateLastSaved, Boolean saveMetadata, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.UpdateItem(BaseItem item, BaseItem parent, ItemUpdateType updateReason)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.UpdateToRepository(ItemUpdateType updateReason)
at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.SaveItem(MetadataResult`1 result, Boolean isFirstRefresh, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, ItemUpdateType reason, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RefreshMetadata(BaseItem item, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.RefreshMetadata(MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateTopLibraryFolders(Boolean refreshMetadatas, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, timlance said:

On the Dashboard page I see a bunch of Alerts for 'Scan media library failed". The latest one is not the last time I scanned. Nevertheless when I click the circled i I get the following:

Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk(sqlite3 db, Int32 rc)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext()
at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.Execute(IDatabaseConnection This, ReadOnlySpan`1 sqlUtf8)
at SQLitePCL.pretty.DatabaseConnection.RollbackTransaction(IDatabaseConnection This)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.SaveItems(List`1 items, Action`1 afterSave, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.SaveItems(List`1 items, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.UpdateItems(List`1 items, BaseItem parent, ItemUpdateType updateReason, Boolean setDateLastSaved, Boolean saveMetadata, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.UpdateItem(BaseItem item, BaseItem parent, ItemUpdateType updateReason)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.UpdateToRepository(ItemUpdateType updateReason)
at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.SaveItem(MetadataResult`1 result, Boolean isFirstRefresh, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, ItemUpdateType reason, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MediaBrowser.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RefreshMetadata(BaseItem item, MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem.RefreshMetadata(MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateTopLibraryFolders(Boolean refreshMetadatas, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal(IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

 

Please post a server log to determine the exact error but more then likely a Locked database and you will need to follow the steps in the KB for Removed DB locks.

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44002210894

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

timlance
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Can you post a server log showing a library scan.

Ideally need to see what ffprobe returns on a track, but a view from any tagging software showing how the tracks are tagged.

 

I see the list of logs in Advanced>Logs. Have no idea which might be what you refer to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

timlance

All's good! I went ahead and deleted all three files: library.db,  library.db-shm, &  library.db-wal. Restarted server and library was scanned anew. All looked good, including the files previously not showing. Then added another set of files. Did a manual rescan and newest files showed.

So, many many thanks!

Still a newbie with a mild concussion question: How often are scans done? Set interval? Only when the library source folder is changed? Both?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution
Happy2Play
46 minutes ago, timlance said:

All's good! I went ahead and deleted all three files: library.db,  library.db-shm, &  library.db-wal. Restarted server and library was scanned anew. All looked good, including the files previously not showing. Then added another set of files. Did a manual rescan and newest files showed.

So, many many thanks!

Still a newbie with a mild concussion question: How often are scans done? Set interval? Only when the library source folder is changed? Both?

You shouldn't have needed to delete the library.db unless the server log said you had a Corrupt database.

As for scans you can click on the task in Scheduled Tasks to see the triggers, default every 12 hours.  If your setup supports Real Time Monitoring Emby should automatically see new items after about 2 minutes.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

timlance
57 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

You shouldn't have needed to delete the library.db unless the server log said you had a Corrupt database.

As for scans you can click on the task in Scheduled Tasks to see the triggers, default every 12 hours.  If your setup supports Real Time Monitoring Emby should automatically see new items after about 2 minutes.

Would I have seen the info re: corrupt database in the log named 'embyserver-xxxxxxxx.txt'? When I did all this it was late (for me) last night and I knew I had all night to scan the whole library. Wanted to be done with it.

Thanks for the info re: scanning. Found the Scheduled Tasks stuff and that I do have Real Time Monitoring setup.

Thanks to all for this great support. I come from 10+ years of Subsonic whose development and community, you probably know, are essentially dead. Got to Emby via Plex which I found to be SO messed up in so many ways, though Plexamp does have some good points, particularly an equalizer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, timlance said:

Would I have seen the info re: corrupt database in the log named 'embyserver-xxxxxxxx.txt'?

The log that contained the SQL error would show "Corrupt: database disk image is malformed" or "Busy: database is locked".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

timlance
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

The log that contained the SQL error would show "Corrupt: database disk image is malformed" or "Busy: database is locked".

Good to know. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...