Smart Playlist Shuffle - Screen Goes Black

feerlessleadr

feerlessleadr

Hi - not sure if this is a kodi issue, CoreELEC issue, or an E4K issue, or emby issue, so I figured I would start here. I have a shortcut on my home screen to a smart playlist setup to play a random set of 25 episodes from a pre-selected number of shows (for when we just want something light on in the background). 

Normally what happens is after one episode ends, the next one plays automatically. I noticed over the last day couple of days that after a couple of episodes play, the screen will just go blank/black - won't respond to any input from my remote, and nothing plays. I am still able to ssh into my N2 and restart kodi via ssh however. 

I enabled debug logging to try and catch this issue, but of course I had to play a couple of episodes first for this to work, so my log is massive. See attached for my log, which should have all of the relevant info. I took a look through the logs and can't really notice anything, but I'm certainly no expert. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

kodi.log

Edited by feerlessleadr

quickmic
8 hours ago, feerlessleadr said:

Hi - not sure if this is a kodi issue, CoreELEC issue, or an E4K issue, or emby issue, so I figured I would start here. I have a shortcut on my home screen to a smart playlist setup to play a random set of 25 episodes from a pre-selected number of shows (for when we just want something light on in the background). 

Normally what happens is after one episode ends, the next one plays automatically. I noticed over the last day couple of days that after a couple of episodes play, the screen will just go blank/black - won't respond to any input from my remote, and nothing plays. I am still able to ssh into my N2 and restart kodi via ssh however. 

I enabled debug logging to try and catch this issue, but of course I had to play a couple of episodes first for this to work, so my log is massive. See attached for my log, which should have all of the relevant info. I took a look through the logs and can't really notice anything, but I'm certainly no expert. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

kodi.log 19.56 MB · 0 downloads

Before I investigate, please update to latest beta from emby kodi repository.

You can also try experimental version. (Experimental requires a full Kodi database re-sync).

feerlessleadr

Sorry for the long delay. I installed the beta version, and it seemed to have stopped for a while. Last night and this morning though it happened again multiple times in a row (and I needed to manually restart kodi to fix). Here is a log capturing it happening with the beta version. 

kodi.old.log