Remote Control from Android app of Emby client on Smart TV not working

ssmith129

ssmith129

I'd like to use this feature for the exact same reason -- I'm running Emby for Android client (3.2.05) on a tablet wishing to control an Emby for Android TV client (2.0.33g).  I mostly just want to be able to view the playlist and occasionally skip tracks without having to go inside to interact with the TV.

I can get to the remote control from the Android app on the tablet by selecting the "cast" icon, selecting Play On AndroidTv, and then clicking on Remote Control.  Note that I am doing this after I have already started playing a playlist from the Emby for Android TV app (running on a Sony TV).

The app displays the currently playing track along with the usual audio controls, however, the audio controls don't do anything.

Also, when I click on the icon for displaying the playlist, the display shifts up as if to make room for the playlist, but nothing is displayed.

Am I doing something wrong or just overlooking something?  I think these are both the most up-to-date versions of the apps but they don't seem to play well together.

Thanks for any suggestions/help!

46 minutes ago, ssmith129 said:

The app displays the currently playing track along with the usual audio controls

Hi.  Which app displays this?  The mobile or TV one?

Hi.  Never mind.  I have reproduced this and should be able to address it in the next release of the TV app.

Thanks for reporting.

ssmith129
23 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Never mind.  I have reproduced this and should be able to address it in the next release of the TV app.

Thanks for reporting.

Wow, thanks for your quick response and help!