delete user's settings buttons

z3ndra

Hello

I want delete user's settings button on the profil menu, I had succeeded but it had removed the audio selection and subtitle buttons in the video player

thank u

menu.jpg

Happy2Play

Something like this to remove from user settings and navdrawer.

div.navDrawerItemsContainer button[data-index="3"] {
    display: none !important;
}

thank you, unfortunately it does not work, it causes the disappearance of some menu as a parameter in the dashboard to manage the server.

not to mention that the display button remains displayed despite the css

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, z3ndra said:

thank you, unfortunately it does not work, it causes the disappearance of some menu as a parameter in the dashboard to manage the server.

not to mention that the display button remains displayed despite the css

What server version?

Happy2Play

That code in 4.6.4.0

disabled

image.thumb.png.4205209f6815bcc863288ad80856e2ab.png

enabled

image.thumb.png.f3900650f30d0dce303d708443885b4b.png

Same results on NavDrawer also.

What are you seeing?

Edited by Happy2Play

that of the subtitles works, but there is one which makes disappear the menu "parameter" of the management of the server in which there is the system to modify the css precisely.

and it does not work with the display button

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, z3ndra said:

that of the subtitles works, but there is one which makes disappear the menu "parameter" of the management of the server in which there is the system to modify the css precisely

So you want it remove from that user page but not the Dashboard navdrawer?

11 minutes ago, z3ndra said:

I would like all that remains is profile and sign out

div.dynamicRoutes div.navDrawerItemsContainer button[data-index="0"],
div.dynamicRoutes div.navDrawerItemsContainer button[data-index="1"],
div.dynamicRoutes div.navDrawerItemsContainer button[data-index="2"],
div.dynamicRoutes div.navDrawerItemsContainer button[data-index="3"],
div.dynamicRoutes div.navDrawerItemsContainer button[data-index="4"] {
}

But what is the point of removing from one if you can still get to it from the other?  So clicking profile will take to you the NavDrawer and have access to all the links you just removed elsewhere.

CSS can not target user vs admin.

well I just want the user not to have access to these settings.

what I mean is that one of those commands removed the "parameter" button

after that it also removes them from the dashboard I don't care, because when I need to access them I temporarily deactivate the concerned tag d

menu 2.jpg

Edited by z3ndra
oublie de la piece jointe

Happy2Play

I see what you mean 

So something like this.

div.dynamicRoutes div.navDrawerItemsContainer[data-listindex="1"] button[data-index="0"],
div.dynamicRoutes div.navDrawerItemsContainer[data-listindex="1"] button[data-index="1"],
div.dynamicRoutes div.navDrawerItemsContainer[data-listindex="1"] button[data-index="2"],
div.dynamicRoutes div.navDrawerItemsContainer[data-listindex="1"] button[data-index="3"],
div.dynamicRoutes div.navDrawerItemsContainer[data-listindex="1"] button[data-index="4"] {
}

div.drawer-docked.drawer-open div:nth-child(3) div.navDrawerItemsContainer button[data-index="0"],
div.drawer-docked.drawer-open div:nth-child(3) div.navDrawerItemsContainer button[data-index="1"],
div.drawer-docked.drawer-open div:nth-child(3) div.navDrawerItemsContainer button[data-index="2"],
div.drawer-docked.drawer-open div:nth-child(3) div.navDrawerItemsContainer button[data-index="3"],
div.drawer-docked.drawer-open div:nth-child(3) div.navDrawerItemsContainer button[data-index="4"] {
}

• 4 weeks later...

Hello @Happy2Play

Can you please explain how to add proper code in custom CSS to remove/hide it from web access:
i.e I want to remove the CAST button from home page or some other items in setting:

when I open the page and click on inspect, where do i have to select and past in custom CSS to hide the button?

let say this is the one I want to hid:

<button type="button" is="paper-icon-button-light" class="headerCastButton headerButton paper-icon-button-light icon-button-conditionalfocuscolor" title="PlayonAnotherDevice" aria-label="Play on another device">
            <i class="md-icon largeIcon"></i>
        </button>

I`m trying to attach some picture , but I`m getting fail to load..!!

Thank you.

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, HossHey said:

Hello @Happy2Play

Can you please explain how to add proper code in custom CSS to remove/hide it from web access:
i.e I want to remove the CAST button from home page or some other items in setting:

when I open the page and click on inspect, where do i have to select and past in custom CSS to hide the button?

let say this is the one I want to hid:

<button type="button" is="paper-icon-button-light" class="headerCastButton headerButton paper-icon-button-light icon-button-conditionalfocuscolor" title="PlayonAnotherDevice" aria-label="Play on another device">
            <i class="md-icon largeIcon"></i>
        </button>

I`m trying to attach some picture , but I`m getting fail to load..!!

Thank you.

Highlighted your code above so you may need to expand the quoted section.

Something like this using the node and class or even the node and title (not positive why your title appears slightly different then mine but could be something with the copy and paste but you would use what appears in the console depending on the route you take).  I usually do node and class as it usually does not require adding "!important" but there are may methods to target this, so it can depend on if there is more then one are with said title or class.

button.headerCastButton {display: none;}

or

.headerCastButton {display: none;}

or

button[title="Play on another device"] {display: none;}

or

[title="Play on another device"] {display: none;}

Note this removes from everywhere as there really isn't a way to remove from specific areas as this is in the header.

Edited by Happy2Play