Playback problems with some films on IOS devices

Skyfay

Skyfay

Hello
I got some problem's with playback on my IOS devices (Ipad and Iphone).
Sometimes (always with the same films I think) i start it and it runs but the playback line do not move. They stay by 0:00.
I can't take a break, cant skip etc.
The one thing i can is stop the move by click "back" in the left top corner.
Then the movie stop and i'm back in the menu but its realy laggy and the film music stay running. It takes some time i think 7-20s and the music will stop and the app isn't laggy anymore.

Is there somebody with the same issues?

Edited by Skyfay

Instead of the video can you please attach the information requested in the link that I provided? Thanks.

Skyfay

@LukePlease watch the whole video and with sound!!
The error is clearly visible in the video and I have added arrows and texts.
IOS with the latest IOS-version and the latest Emby App version.

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-remux-f485badf-88c9-4f55-89bc-4a11d60fe438_1.txt ffmpeg-remux-277ad482-5ba0-4167-aa90-2b59443e4b96_1.txt

Edited by Skyfay

@Skyfay, no, it is not a known problem. The server is trying to extract subtitles from the video on the fly, but this is not happening quickly enough in your environment.

What you can do is use server transcoding settings to uncheck the option to allow subtitle extraction on the fly. Please make sure to read the help text as this will result in more video transcoding.

To avoid the transcoding and still use subtitles, consider external subtitles instead. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

On 9/1/2021 at 5:47 PM, Luke said:

@Skyfay, no, it is not a known problem. The server is trying to extract subtitles from the video on the fly, but this is not happening quickly enough in your environment.

What you can do is use server transcoding settings to uncheck the option to allow subtitle extraction on the fly. Please make sure to read the help text as this will result in more video transcoding.

To avoid the transcoding and still use subtitles, consider external subtitles instead. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

but it just happens on my IOS devices. So i think this is an Emby bug. So i want to use the subtitle in the files. Is there a fix or something you could do?

On 9/3/2021 at 10:00 AM, Skyfay said:

but it just happens on my IOS devices. So i think this is an Emby bug. So i want to use the subtitle in the files. Is there a fix or something you could do?

Because they might be the only devices that need to use this particular technique. Did you go through the available options I provided?

yes just somehow I can't quite figure it out.  if I deactivate the option then emby cannot read subtitles directly from the mkv file?

On 9/5/2021 at 7:15 PM, Luke said:

Because they might be the only devices that need to use this particular technique. Did you go through the available options I provided?

rodainas
6 hours ago, Skyfay said:

yes just somehow I can't quite figure it out.  if I deactivate the option then emby cannot read subtitles directly from the mkv file?

Hi

Deactivating the option applies only for a transcoding scenerio, when you disable it the server just burns those embedded subtitles into the video. this helps when the file is transcoding but it isn’t showing the embedded subtitles.

What I will try first is the other option, extract those subtitles and put them next to the video file.