New Movies don't sync

nuentes

nuentes

I can't really think of why this would happen, but I've seen it on 3 different tests now.

I was using 18.8 and I upgraded to Emby Next gen. Any time I added a new movie, it wouldnt sync to Kodi. My existing movies still appear and play just fine. TV shows/episodes sync just fine.

I upgraded to 19.1. Same issue. To the letter.

I wiped all data and rebuilt everything from complete scratch. Same issue. To the letter.

The movies are appearing in Emby just fine. The movies also appear in EmbyCon (installed on the same device). Emby Next Gen does not create a node, and the video also does not appear when I manually navigate to the Library within the Emby Next Gen app. If I update the library, it does appear. I have all libraries added to the device.

I'm not sure what will be needed from me as far as logs go. I currently have 5.3.2 installed on Kodi 19.1 on a FireTV device.

nuentes

This is tricky, because I have no idea which logs to give you. Since nodes aren't being created, it sounds like I'd need a Kodi log. However, I don't see the movie in the Emby Next Gen app, either.

I searched through my log briefly for the most recent example. I see all the other updates that were applied at Kodi startup. However the movie did not sync. And if I were to manually update the library, I guarantee the movie will appear. The movie is called Reminiscense. It's been scanned already by Emby, and is accessible in EmbyCon on the same system.

Here is my Kodi log: https://pastebin.com/wMmTP2An

I'm not sure if it makes a difference that I have 2 different Movie libraries. This user has access to both, and both are set to sync in Kodi.

Daboose

I am having the same issue as well so will watch the thread to see your resolve. 

I was using Emby for Kodi nex gen and if i setup from scratch everything will sync, but any new shows added to the library available on EmbyCon or the Emby IOS app, dont sync using the Emby nexgen addin.

nuentes
On 8/22/2021 at 2:42 AM, quickmic said:

Please update to latest experimental version in check if the issue is fixed.

Apologies for the delay. I finally got the beta repo installed today and updated from 5.3.2 to 5.3.4, and the issue persists even after a Kodi restart.

nuentes
5 hours ago, quickmic said:

I meant the experimental version. Beta has just tiny fixes compared with stable.

https://kodi.emby.tv/Public testing/plugin.video.emby-next-gen-6.0.4-build 42 (ex8).zip

Experimental requires a full database re-sync!

Well, I'm not a huge fan of moving my system to an experimental build and performing a full db sync.

Would it be possible to address this issue with a Beta release?

quickmic
2 hours ago, nuentes said:

Well, I'm not a huge fan of moving my system to an experimental build and performing a full db sync.

Would it be possible to address this issue with a Beta release?

Agreed, probably you have to wait 1-2 weeks. After that I'll push it to beta repo. It's not a single fix I could backport to 5.X versions. Actually, your log has no specific error which I could address. Experimental version have many many fixes included, I assume one of them will solve your sync problem.