Emby has brought all IPTV channels in twice

normanmurcheson

normanmurcheson

It looks like it has brought in the entire m3u twice.

Any channels that I had edited for EPG source, logos and the like still show in Emby but all give me an "unable to tune channel" error on the Android client and "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details" if I try to play them in the Emby server on the original Windows computer. The second version which has come in for each channel does play fine.

Might anyone please have an idea as to what happened?

I've been working on this for several days now and really hope I don't have to start all over again.

Thanks so much in advance.

normanmurcheson

Doing a guide refresh did get rid of the "doubles" and all channels now consistently play. Some of the channels I'd set up for EPG source and logos are as I had them. Many of the ones I edited lost the work I'd done to them.

normanmurcheson

I did notice the database bogging down severely as I was working last night. A quick check of my main SSD drive showed that it was low on space again owing to temp trancode files (I have since readjusted the path for that away from the main c drive). I did previously change the cache path to another drive as well. SSD's are great but they certainly don't have the space a conventional drive would (mine is 250 gigs). Thank you developers for allowing the cache and transcode to be saved elsewhere. I understand why you configure the program as you do.

My gut is telling me that the database got corrupted. Doing the EPG refresh brought it back.

I do truly love Emby and am not going to give up no matter what. I've learned a lot but also have invested a great deal of time.

If anyone would care to give me any pointers on minimizing the time invested and bulletproofing things please do share. I'm doing Canada, the US and the UK from my IPTV provider. That means one EPG source from east and west US and Canada plus the required number of EPG's for local channels.

Thanks so much. You folks rock.

Hi there, please attach the emby server log from when you thought it got bogged down. Thanks.