Segmented Recording Specific Series

bungee91

bungee91

This has occurred for the last two weeks for this particular series. Uncertain the reason however results in two files, one with "-1" appended to the title.

Emby native DVR, HDHR's (OTA and CC).

Nothing has changed on my end that should impact this, it's just this series that I'm aware of with this issue.

I've deleted this particular series and reestablished it, hopefully it is resolved at this point. Brooklyn Nine-Nine S08E03 Blue Flu is the recording in question. Any help is appreciated.

embyserver-63765014399.txt

Edited by bungee91

Are you saying the recording was done to 2 different files?

If so that can happen if you restart the server or there is a communication issue with the "tuner" but Emby was able to reestablish the recording.

Right it could be because there was a problem with tuner signal strength at the time, but the server recovered and was able to continue recording.

bungee91

Correct, however certainly no reboot of the server occurred. I think it is related to the entry of "consumer count is now 1" in the log. The series recording showed it was to record on cable, however I think it did record on OTA. If the log shows it's signal related, then so be it, however uncertain and your insight is appreciated. 

For now I've switched this to a cable channel exclusively and hope it is resolved. 

On 8/21/2021 at 12:01 AM, bungee91 said:

Correct, however certainly no reboot of the server occurred. I think it is related to the entry of "consumer count is now 1" in the log. The series recording showed it was to record on cable, however I think it did record on OTA. If the log shows it's signal related, then so be it, however uncertain and your insight is appreciated. 

For now I've switched this to a cable channel exclusively and hope it is resolved. 

It's not related to that log entry. The Emby Server log doesn't contain any information about signal strength, so you'd have to check the logging from your actual tuner.

But actually now that I've reviewed your log, I don't think that's what happened here. It looks like it was just recording the same episode on two different channels. For the second one, the file was already there so it created a new one. So I think this is more of a question of your series recording options than it is a question for us.

bungee91
8 hours ago, Luke said:

It's not related to that log entry. The Emby Server log doesn't contain any information about signal strength, so you'd have to check the logging from your actual tuner.

But actually now that I've reviewed your log, I don't think that's what happened here. It looks like it was just recording the same episode on two different channels. For the second one, the file was already there so it created a new one. So I think this is more of a question of your series recording options than it is a question for us.

Thank you for reviewing. It was an old series set to record on all (or any?) channels. I think that may have caused the current Emby version an issue if that was the cause of the multiple versions. Can't say, just know neither recorded in full, had to start one and watch the other to get the whole episode. 

As stated, I've reset the series and only allowed for the cable tuner, so hopefully this is resolved for me.