Android App Music issue back with vengeance

CassTG

CassTG

Okay so this is a follow on from another thread a month or so ago where music playback on Mobile is totally borked.

Setup

Latest Stable Emby

Latest Emby Android app as of today

Samsung S21 Ultra latest OS (august patch)

No batt opt for this app

Does not matter if file format is flac or mp3 and happens on all albums

Issue 1

Plays one track, then fails to go to next track and stops

Issue 2

• Navigate to album
  • Dont play all, select a random track say no 3
  • Track 3 starts, now realise you want it to play all tracks from track 3 onwards
  • Long press Track 3 and select play all from here

Nothing, zero, silence no music playback

Close the app go back in and it will start to play again, but stops again after 1 track even when clicking play all.

Now i dont have this issue on Android TV version or via web only the mobile app.

The logs show absolutely nothing of error, which was the same as the previous time another user reported it.

Movies and TV have no issues.

This is for info only, as between the issues i have with Music on both Android App and When connected via Android Auto (no media found reboot app, media found, may play may not) i come to the realisation that a 1 app does all solution is not the most reliable. I fired up my Old Synology audio station app which may be simple but works flawlessly via the same rclone mounts with the same files. 

So i guess for now i will just switch to an alternative for music streaming, as its hard enough to motivate myself to go for a run anyways but to have the music stop every track just kills the momentum

Edited by CassTG

CassTG
12 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what do you mean by this?

I.e no stupid samsung optimisations applied to the app, i.e stop background activity etc so its set to run without any interruption from Samsungs alleged optimisations thus i can rule out their optimisations being at fault

• 2 weeks later...