Recordings stop

DJkhaled

DJkhaled

What are some reasons that recordings stop after a few minutes or in the middle ? Recording from m3u sometimes works great sometimes not, for testing I used vlc with the same m3u recorded on vlc and emby and vlc always works emby sometimes stops.

Hi, Usually it's a glitch in the stream and Emby thinks the stream ended early or there is garbage in the stream that it can't easily recover from.
When you are only displaying the info vs trying to save the stream to a proper recording format this becomes much more critical and tricky to handle.

Edited by cayars
  • Agree 1

DJkhaled
17 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, Usually it's a glitch in the stream and Emby thinks the stream ended early or there is garbage in the stream that it can't easily recover from.
When you are only displaying the info vs trying to save the stream to a proper recording format this becomes much more critical and tricky to handle.

That's exactly it, I switched out some m3u servers for some dreambox and openwebif pretty much the same and it records nicely. Just wanted someone to confirm my suspicion, you been in the game for quite some time thanks for confirming brother.

• Thanks 1

DJkhaled

Still doing it, just checked this morning and it recorded a few minutes on some and some others worked fine. But, I do notice something 🤔 The recordings that mess up all use the epg from the stream and the ones that record properly are all using embys epg. I'm going to record only channels using embys epg for the next 3 days and see what happens.

• Like 1

martincom

Following this.  I just migrated from locast2plex to locat2tuner last week.  With that move, I changed from Emby guide to xml.  In the past, we just utilized the Locast Roku app when viewing live TV.  With the added regions, we are now utilizing Emby to view live TV.  One of the significant "pluses" we found with utilizing Emby for live TV is the remote's pause feature functions, where it didn't in the Locast Roku app.

Back on topic, we have noticed that when a program ends, when watching live, Emby exits the stream and returns to the guide.  I haven't determined if this is consistent, but I have witnessed it in several instances thus far.

martincom

The channel stream ending at the conclusion of the program and Emby returning to guide is not consistent.  I haven't been able to duplicate such since my last post.

Hi, how are you starting the stream?  By that I mean where in the UI.  Are you starting it from the Guide?

What happens if you go to the Channels Tab and click play up top?

martincom

I was starting from the guide.  I haven't been able to duplicate the trouble.  So it maybe awhile before I have any more feedback.