How to safe the Emby Movie Order after restore and when path change?

Skyfay

Skyfay

Hello guys

I'm here to ask you if there an option is were the order (last added) not gona destroy when i restore the System or change the path folder but with the same movies?
In plex there was an option who showed the film as offline and when i added the movie with another path the movies are automaticly assigned.
So is there an option that the order and metadata not gona directly deleted when i remove an libary?

Thanks for help

GrimReaper

Enable Nfo saver in particular library, refresh metadata. Upon deleting a Library, all containing movies will get removed from db. Enable Nfo reader in new library. Upon re-adding movies, metadata that you stored in the Nfos (<dateadded> tag being on them, amongst all others) will be read/imported.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Skyfay said:

Were can i enable the nfo saver and were are the nfo files stored? 

Hi there, have you explored the options when setting up an Emby library?

GrimReaper
34 minutes ago, Skyfay said:

Yes i did. 

Then you should see section for both Metadata readers and Metadata savers, above and below all the meta-providers listed. 

Nfos are stored next to your media, inside media folders, hence ensuring portability. 

Skyfay
35 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Then you should see section for both Metadata readers and Metadata savers, above and below all the meta-providers listed. 

Nfos are stored next to your media, inside media folders, hence ensuring portability. 

are the nfo files then generated?
because i don‘t get any nfo files now. I allways deleted this files when i download a movie und paste ist to the emby folder.

Edited by Skyfay

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, Skyfay said:

are the nfo files then generated?

8 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Enable Nfo saver in particular library, refresh metadata

That will trigger Nfos being generated. 

Skyfay
4 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

That will trigger Nfos being generated. 

I cant‘s find the nfo saver sorry 😅

Coule you sent a photo or something?

Edited by Skyfay

GrimReaper
Just now, Skyfay said:

I cant‘s find the nfo saver sorry 😅

Dashboard>Library, edit any Library, scroll halfway down. 

Skyfay
6 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Dashboard>Library, edit any Library, scroll halfway down. 

I got it thanks!

so what is when i update something with the metadata editor or when i have to assign the the film cause emby chose not the right one?

gets the nfo file automaticly updated?

And is in the nfo file also a link to TMBD that the film forever chose the right metadata and images cause i‘m not save the images seperatly.

GrimReaper
21 minutes ago, Skyfay said:

so what is when i update something with the metadata editor or when i have to assign the the film cause emby chose not the right one?

gets the nfo file automaticly updated?

Yes and yes. 

And is in the nfo file also a link to TMBD

Nfo will likely hold all the metadata you need, but yes, depending on your choice of scrapers, it will usually hold TMDB Id and likely IMDB Id. 

that the film forever chose the right metadata and images cause i‘m not save the images seperatly.

You should, as that would eliminate the need to re-scrape them. Anyway, AFAIR image paths saving is off by default, you should explore Nfo plugin settings for additional options. 

Edited by GrimReaper76
  • Like 1

GrimReaper

Tbh have no idea, I store all my artwork next to media files. In theory it should work, never tested it, though. 

Skyfay
1 hour ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Tbh have no idea, I store all my artwork next to media files. In theory it should work, never tested it, though. 

Thanks you so much for your help!
Last question:
If i change the name form a movie cause i got more than one version from "black widow (2021)" to "black widows (2021) - 1080p" does the nfo file automaticly rename too?

Edited by Skyfay

GrimReaper

Rephrased for clarification:

Do you mean Movie title or filename change? 

Edited by GrimReaper76

GrimReaper

Of course not, you can rename it/modify contents manually or delete it and let Emby recreate it for new movie. 

Skyfay
9 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Of course not, you can rename it/modify contents manually or delete it and let Emby recreate it for new movie. 

Ok. thanks a lot!

• Like 2