Having too much "fun" with logos

normanmurcheson

normanmurcheson

When I'm editing my channels and changing EPG sources, the logo displayed frequently changes. Logos apparently automatically fill in in the"light version" and "light version with colour" fields and ultimately want to display instead of the default. The newly saved logos often don't match the channel as well as the ones from my IPTV service. I would rather have a logo showing "WBZ CBS 4 Boston" instead of just a generic CBS logo, for example

My IPTV provider does a superior job with logos; I would like every channel to use their provided logos. I don't really need these other ones Emby is trying to give me. Whenever Emby makes a mistake in the automatic channel mapping, logos that don't even belong to the desired channel are displaying and I have to manually remove them.

I go in and delete the logos I don't want. They frequently come right back. It's rather annoying.

Is there any trick that someone would care to share for getting only my desired logos to consistently display for every channel? Is there any way for me to turn off Emby saving logos when the EPG source is changed? If not, what is the most effective way to get rid of the unwanted logos once and for all? Is there a specific set of recommended steps I should take when changing EPG sources for a channel?

Everything else is just going beautifully.

Thanks a lot.

normanmurcheson

Here's a prime example below. I deleted the other two after re-saving the channel and they still came back.

Screenshot (15).png

Hi, they're always going to come back. There is no way to stop this. You'd have to just overwrite them with new ones that you prefer.

normanmurcheson

@luke I somehow suspected as much.

I think I've figured out a fairly expeditious way to accomplish that.

If I come up with any other way to work around this I'll certainly let you know.

You are always right on top of things. Thank you so much.

• Thanks 1