search, then record live from antenna

xrqp
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

Everything in this post is referring to live TV from antenna using HDHomerun.

How can I text search for a TV series in the guide, like "Rebel", then set it to record?

I recorded 2 shows of Rebel, then stopped recording.  I want to start recording again.  When I go to my recorded library, I see the 2 shows I recorded, but I do not see a way to restart recording.  How can I restart recording.

• Solution

Hi, do a search for "Rebel' and when you get results back click the Program tab.

If it shows up here then it's airing and you can click on it and set a Record Series.  If it doesn't show up it not currently airing and you'll have to wait for it to be back in season again to setup the recording.

When I search for this right now I don't see any airing.

Sammy

This is a long standing issue for Emby that I requested be fixed years ago. In 2009 or earlier WMC could search for things not in the guide and remember to record when it came up next, even months later.

Of course now there's Sonarr..

Cayars, Thanks.  Using your instructions, I was able to search and record if it was in the current guide listing.  I guess it was bad luck I tried it with Rebel when I did not know it was not in the guide lately.

• Like 1