External Movie/TV scraping software

gerry.emm

gerry.emm

Hi all,

Do any of you use external scraping software to scrape your media?
How safe/dangerous is it to use external software to do this?
If you DO use external software, what DO you use, and how do you like it?
I had tried using an external scraper a long time ago and it had TOTALLY wrecked my folder hierarchy, so I discontinued its use...
I am getting more and more media that isn't recognized by EMBY's internal scrapers, and wondered it I SHOULD resume using an external program of some sort.
Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!!!

LONG LIVE EMBY!!!

Gerry

all4dom

I just let emby do everything & have had no issues. On occasion I'll have to find information for items, but very rarely. 

GrimReaper

As noted  few times around the forum, I'm a TMM-all guy, and manage my collection exclusively by it, Emby is basically a front-end. Emby does a good/great job generally, but still cannot compete with purposely-built full-fledged Media Manager, just as TMM's rudimentary playback capabilities (basically calling an external player) cannot compete with Emby. As simple as that.

gungatim

i'm a Tinymediamanager user as well. everything except music videos is scraped with TMM before dumping in Emby.

with TMM you can select what you are scraping, get trailers, subtitles, and choose which artwork you want.

EMby always grabs the wrong movie poster, usually it is missing the title, or wrong language, or wrong everything...

for music videos I use Media Companion, it's not very good but at least it works somewhat, almost nothing else works for music videos...