Audio/Video out of sync

Nuitarius

revengineer

Problem still exists in 4.7.4.0. Again, reproducing the issue was simple: I simply turn on Live TV using emby Theater on Windows to watch CNN from my HDHomeRun Prime, then left for 20 minutes and when I returned audio and video were out of sync. I check the log directory and could not find an ffmpeg log with today's date. Not sure why none was produced.

15 hours ago, revengineer said:

Problem still exists in 4.7.4.0. Again, reproducing the issue was simple: I simply turn on Live TV using emby Theater on Windows to watch CNN from my HDHomeRun Prime, then left for 20 minutes and when I returned audio and video were out of sync. I check the log directory and could not find an ffmpeg log with today's date. Not sure why none was produced.

Is your server on windows?

revengineer
6 hours ago, Luke said:

Is your server on windows?

Yes, emby server is running on a Windows 10 VM. No issues with v4.6.7.

revengineer
2 hours ago, Luke said:

OK, can you please try this version and let me know if it resolves the issue?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zsconig8bf7ct5u/embyserver-win-x64-4.7.4.0.7z?dl=0

Thanks.

@Luke This seems to be working better. I started LiveTV three time. First attempt (19:46-20:36) worked great, audio/video stayed in sync the entire time. I the backed out and restarted the LiveTV, and this attempt (20:36-20:52) went terribly out of sync. I left the room so not sure how this evolve. Third attempt (20:52-21:20) was great again. I attached the log, there seem to be a bunch of errors in the 20:36-20:52 time frame which may indicated what went wrong. 

So generally, this seems on the right track but the one failure has me worried that something is not right yet.

embyserver.txt

Edited by revengineer

revengineer

@Luke Continued testing for another 45 minutes, and it has been working great, no additional flukes. This test version seems definitely better.

• Thanks 1

wmichael3

I've installed what @Luke posted above and it does appear to fix the problem; I've been running Live TV for about 90 minutes and so far everything is still in sync. I'll update this post if I see any issues.

• Like 1

revengineer
5 hours ago, wmichael3 said:

I've installed what @Luke posted above and it does appear to fix the problem; I've been running Live TV for about 90 minutes and so far everything is still in sync. I'll update this post if I see any issues.

Thanks for confirming. I am putting a few more hours on this build tonight, so far so good. I don't have time to watch in person but will check once in a while for sync issues.

revengineer

ok, I completed 2 more hours of LiveTV watching, and all seems well. Great job, and thanks as always for the quick response and fix!

Question is then when we can get v4.7.5 with this fix included. 🙂

6 minutes ago, revengineer said:

ok, I completed 2 more hours of LiveTV watching, and all seems well. Great job, and thanks as always for the quick response and fix!

Question is then when we can get v4.7.5 with this fix included. 🙂

Yes that will be coming.

• Like 1

I've been testing it with HDHomeRun Primes and Quattros and it's been working well for me.  I've been using between 3 or 4 clients with 2 left on a particular channel for hours on end and others "surfing" and watching different things.

All good so for!

• Like 1

revengineer

Installed 4.7.5.0, so far so good. More complete testing can start now. I am sure my family will tell me when something is not working, but I am reasonably confident that I will not land in the doghouse. 😀 Big thanks to the dev team again for all their work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1