WebOs Theater won't connect

vivian99
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

vivian99

Emby Theater version 1.0.24 (which is like 1.5 years old?) on the newest version of WebOS can't connect to a local server anymore.

It worked at least 6 days ago, but now it can't connect locally or through emby connect

When the server was in the memory, it gave the general cannot reach server message, but now after resetting the app it wont find it at all.

Phone app works both inside and outside the network and so does the windows app.

Thanks in advance

11 hours ago, Luke said:

Try doing a manual connection by entering the server address directly into the LG app.

This worked for me after a frustrating time with pincodes

13 hours ago, vivian99 said:

I only tried the local address, but that didn't connect. I can try the external address later today

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

vivian99
33 minutes ago, Luke said:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Neither one worked. The external ip address immediately just gave the connection error, but the internal one ticked for like 10 seconds before failure 😢

1 minute ago, vivian99 said:

Neither one worked. The external ip address immediately just gave the connection error, but the internal one ticked for like 10 seconds before failure 😢

Are you sure you have the correct addresses? Where did you get them from?

vivian99
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

Are you sure you have the correct addresses? Where did you get them from?

From the server dashboard. I can connect to the local address on other interfaces just fine
.image.png.8084545b96f85c66c1b3cc8d7f6d5ac3.png

• Solution
44 minutes ago, vivian99 said:

From the server dashboard. I can connect to the local address on other interfaces just fine
.image.png.8084545b96f85c66c1b3cc8d7f6d5ac3.png

Have you verified that this is in fact the actual address of the server machine? Every once in a while in some environments emby server may not detect the correct LAN address, though this is very rare.

• Thanks 1

vivian99
13 minutes ago, Luke said:

Have you verified that this is in fact the actual address of the server machine? Every once in a while in some environments emby server may not detect the correct LAN address, though this is very rare.

Oh dang you're right! Idk how I missed that, but it was using the wrong adapter's IP space. Now changed it and it works.

Thank you dearly 🥰

12 minutes ago, vivian99 said:

Oh dang you're right! Idk how I missed that, but it was using the wrong adapter's IP space. Now changed it and it works.

Thank you dearly 🥰

Thanks for the feedback. If you have customized network settings in Emby Server, please note those are for advanced cases only and the vast majority of users should be able to just leave them blank at default.

vivian99
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Thanks for the feedback. If you have customized network settings in Emby Server, please note those are for advanced cases only and the vast majority of users should be able to just leave them blank at default.

Yeah they were blank, I just removed the adapter and it corrected itself