DVR only a few min recording

Scottieboi

Scottieboi

I have looked through all the forums, and looked for the solution, I have yet to see one that works.
Recording things through the night as the shows I watch are US and I'm in the UK no matter the setting I use I always get anywhere between full recording or 2min-30min of one hour show.
Sorry but I have no idea what log to upload, I have looked through some using the time stamps  but I can't see what one would be the one required. 

Any help would be appreciated

Hi, typically when you do not get full recordings it's a software m3u tuner and not a hardware tuner.  Emby receives an end of stream or non response from the provider and thinks the stream/recording is done.

Typically, the best thing to try is a different provider as not all providers are equal.

Scottieboi

It is m3u tuner, but the provider is working almost 100% 
When I'm recording I often watch the stream at the same time so i'm kinda confused, I set the dvr to record all episodes on all channels, reason being that there are a few repeats of the same episode daily at different times, and sure some were a few min but by recording all episodes I had a good chance that one would be complete, but now it only records one episode rather than 2-3 no matter how I set the series settings. Going back though, you say hardware over m3u, what hardware?

That would depend on your location and standards used in your country.

I for example have both HDHomeRun Prime for cable and HDHomeRun Quatro for Over the Air broadcasts.

Scottieboi

Ok thanks I will look into those, just one final question HDHomeRun Quantro will that accept m3u URL?

just had a quick look and I have Nvidia Shield, so I'm back to being confused, I have the server set up on a desktop computer, it's only purpose is to run the server, I have emby media player on nvidia and other devices 

Edited by Scottieboi

No a hardware tuner will use your cable or over the air antenna depending on model.  There are also tuners for sat as well.

Scottieboi

So no help with the m3u tuner then? well if that's the case maybe you can help with the recordings only recording once when I have it set to record all channels and all episodes. Right now it only records one episode when i requested all episodes in the series settings

The m3u thing is just a matter of testing a few different providers to see what works best for you.

The series recording issue we would need to explore more to see what your settings are for the series.