Which port does XBMB3C use for remote control?

somy

Hi,

My HTPC is behind a firewall in my LAN, and therefore I need to configure a port fwd to make the remote to work.

I'm currently use iOS client, and I can see my HTPC in the list of device that I can control, but when I send a command nothing happens. I assume it is because XBMC3C listen to a port for incoming commands, but traffic to that port is disallowed by firewall in the router.

My question is, which port does XBMB3C uses for incoming remote control commands? Thank you in advance!

dark_slayer

Well, if you are talking about iOS xbmc commander then I'm not sure it will work the way you intend. It scrapes artwork from your videos library to provide a view which you can scroll through and begin playback from. I don't believe that will work with xbmb3c at the moment. The other portion is purely a wifi playback remote

If you are just looking for the playback controls I think you will need to head into system->services and note the port xbmcs web server is running on since I'm about 90% positive that is what commander needs to use. I'm 100% sure that is what yatse uses, and they are very similar apps