Windows 10/PVR/DVR

DJkhaled

DJkhaled

So I'm playing around with iptv and recordings and most of the good iptv servers allow 1-4 connections so what I decided to do is for the shows I like and want to record I built an m3u from 9 of the best iptv services I can find that don't glitch on me. I have it set so far 2 channels only from each iptv server to record from so I don't overlap and use an extra spot that's not available. So how many recordings can I do ? is it 25 total connections recordings taking up the spots as a connection ?

Hi, the answer depends on how many are allowed from each source.

From emby server's perspective, there is no way for it to know so it will just try and then log the failure if it is rejected.

DJkhaled
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, the answer depends on how many are allowed from each source.

From emby server's perspective, there is no way for it to know so it will just try and then log the failure if it is rejected.

Not what I mean brother, how many recordings can I do at once if they all work ? Is it 25 recordings from emby at a time only ?

Emby server does not impose any limit, so it's all a matter of what your providers allow, what your internet connection and hard drive can handle at once.

DJkhaled
12 minutes ago, Luke said:

Emby server does not impose any limit, so it's all a matter of what your providers allow, what your internet connection and hard drive can handle at once.

That's sick bro 🤗  Great news for sure, I thought if you recorded from live tv that it takes up your spots for other people to connect to emby server.  So I can record 10 shows at the same time and still have 25 connections to emby watching movies from rokus or fire tvs 😀

Edited by DJkhaled

15 hours ago, DJkhaled said:

That's sick bro 🤗  Great news for sure, I thought if you recorded from live tv that it takes up your spots for other people to connect to emby server.  So I can record 10 shows at the same time and still have 25 connections to emby watching movies from rokus or fire tvs 😀

Yes, recordings do not take up any device licenses.

I've had over a dozen recordings and live TV channels being watched at one time but on this machine I did have an SSD solely for DVR recordings and a different SSD used for transcoding.  That definitely helps with IO as that will typically be your limiting factor after of course the total amount of tuners you have.