Sort Movie Versions, how is this done?

gsites

gsites

Hello

When movies are grouped, what should be done, where should I change the files so they are sorted?

In this image I intend to explain better:

emby-ordenar-versao-de-filmes.jpg.9b50247c4e882c810014df3a93f4037a.jpg

In Version, I would like it to be listed as follows
01) 480p 640x272 6ch 808 MB 98mn 5.1 MOBILE mp4
02) 1080p 1920x818 6ch 4,577 MB 98mn 5.1 MOBILE mp4
04) 1080p 1920x818 6ch 4,615 MB 98mn 5.1 mkv

What is the technique for sorting, or choosing which file will appear first in VERSION?

emby-ordenar-versao-de-filmes-b.jpg.0bf651be46e0db47dad8be835df91897.jpg

Happy2Play

The device choosing the version it is most capable of playing.  Users currently have no control of multi-version order.

gsites
1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

The device choosing the version it is most capable of playing.  Users currently have no control of multi-version order.

Hi, are you sure of this statement?

I've tested it on several devices, and on all of them there was the same order of movies.

I also renamed the movies files and the results were different.
I also placed identical files but with different names and they were ordered differently. If chosen by the server, the identical files would all be in the same sequence, but that's not what happens.

Could you show in the FAQ or elsewhere, where did you get this information?

Thank you very much

Happy2Play

I think there is a order of import also but users have no control at all of the order of multi-version items.  Luke has stated that in the dozens of topics asking this exact question.

gsites

Thanks for answering,
I think it's interesting to master and know how some things work on server/emby. Thank you so much again

9 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

I asked a similar question to OP a while back and I was told it's in order of version most capable of playing and that was the case. On the web browser it would pick 1080p and on my home Nvidia Shield it would pick 4K HDR.

Now that is not the case, web browser is fine the Shield picks the lowest one everytime. Everytime I start a movie I end up stopping it to pick the better one. Can you advise or shall I create another thread?

Emby picks the first version that matches the criteria to direct play (if possible).

I have 1080p versions in the off chance rare occasions the kids want to watch the movie because they don't have 4K devices, same for my mother. I'm the one 100% of the time starting a movie then having to stop and change the version.

gsites
On 8/12/2021 at 2:52 PM, T800 said:

I have 1080p versions in the off chance rare occasions the kids want to watch the movie because they don't have 4K devices, same for my mother. I'm the one 100% of the time starting a movie then having to stop and change the version.

Hello,

I share access to the emby with several of the family, everyone has different devices, some watch on laptops, ipad, mobile, smart-tv, etc.

So I put the number in front, I made some rules
1) (lighter version)
2) 720p
3) 1080p
4) 1080p FULL without compression
7) 4K

I don't think you need to delete the other versions, it would be good to put 4K in front of the video name, that way you always press play for the best version.

6 hours ago, gsites said:

Hello,

I share access to the emby with several of the family, everyone has different devices, some watch on laptops, ipad, mobile, smart-tv, etc.

So I put the number in front, I made some rules
1) (lighter version)
2) 720p
3) 1080p
4) 1080p FULL without compression
7) 4K

I don't think you need to delete the other versions, it would be good to put 4K in front of the video name, that way you always press play for the best version.

I have mine labeled.

{movie name} (year) -1080p.atmos.mkv

{movie name} (year) -4K.bluray.uhd.hdr.atmos.mkv

It's easy to find which one is the one I want if I go into video options first. I'd like to be able to just start a movie and it be the best one my device can do. It's a 4K HDR, Atmos enabled hardwired device. It did do that a few months ago. Now it doesn't.

Edited by T800