Android TV app no showing poster info

judgey

14 hours ago, Scott310 said:

Ok I caused the issue and sent logs at 6:33 central time.

Can you please post the server log that corresponds with that?

Thanks.

Scott310

I just noticed that if I go to the server and do a replace all Metadata including images it gets fixed on the fire tv app. Maybe I'll have to go through the whole library fixing the ones that are having issues on fire tv.

1 hour ago, Scott310 said:

embyserver-63766110009.txt 2.72 MB · 0 downloads

This log file was from around the time I sent the logs. Let me know if you need a different one.

The app log was sent on Sep 2nd and this log is from Sep 1st.

The app log is showing a weird error related to the format of the image and also an error on some basic operations with your server so I'd like to see if I can tie those back to the server log.  Thanks.

Scott310

Oh my bad I tried to send two logs and one of them (the one from the day I sent app logs) exceeded the file size to upload. Do you want me to send a new log?

I'm curious about the "basic functions of your server error" I had some startup issues with windows 10 and had to do a startup repair. But then I was having issues with my the emby beta software. So I decided to scrap everything and do a fresh install of the emby stable release. All of my library is on an external drive with the Metadata and images.

Edited by Scott310

Hi.  I was hoping to see a specific error that was in that app log (server threw a 500 error trying to retrieve the user list) and then also to possibly tie back any image errors.  But, it sounds like maybe there is possibly a corruption issue with your images.

18 hours ago, Scott310 said:

I just noticed that if I go to the server and do a replace all Metadata including images it gets fixed on the fire tv app

It may be that the images in your server image cache are corrupted somehow and the above procedure invalidates them causing them to be recreated.  The reason you would only see this in the one app is that images are cached on the server at the display resolution and that may be slightly different in this app from others - therefore, different image in the cache.

Scott310

The images were all fine when I was on beta but this only happened when I uninstalled beta and switched back to stable. When I uninstalled the beta I didnt do a complete uninstall. Maybe that is the issue? Should I just recreate all the images or do a complete uninstall and do a fresh install of the stable server you think? 

Scott310
6 hours ago, cayars said:

You could try deleting the cache and allowing it to be recreated.

Sadly I already tried that and uninstalled the app as well.

Scott310
16 hours ago, cayars said:

I'm referring to the server cache not the app cache in case that wasn't clear.

Oh my bad. I will try that. That would definitely be easier than manually recreating the images.

Happy2Play

If it is a corrupt cache on the server, you would delete "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\cache\images".  

Scott310

So I deleted the image cache and it did not resolve the issue. I did a refresh Metadata (replace all images) at I'm still getting missing posters. Not sure what is causing this.

Now I'm seeing the issue on the web client too for Android. But every single poster shows up correctly in my android app.

20210907_112447.jpg

Edited by Scott310

25 minutes ago, Scott310 said:

Now I'm seeing the issue on the web client too for Android. But every single poster shows up correctly in my android app.

So maybe this is a more systemic issue and the ones that are working are being pulled from a local cache...

Scott310

I'm wondering if at this point I should just completely uninstsll and start over from scratch. At least I can backup my settings.

9 hours ago, Scott310 said:

So I deleted the image cache and it did not resolve the issue. I did a refresh Metadata (replace all images) at I'm still getting missing posters. Not sure what is causing this.

20210907_112447.jpg

Please attach the emby server log from this time. Thanks.

Scott310

sorry I've been busy the last few days and haven't been able to sit down and do this.  It looks like the furthest back log I have is 9/9. If you need updated logs let me know. I'm starting to see other issues pop up and and considering wiping everything from the machine and starting over with a completely fresh install.

IMGLOG.txt

Edited by Scott310

Scott310

Ok so I just ended up wiping the machine of all traces of emby and installed fresh. Restored from my configuration backup and did a library scan. So far this seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks again for the help.

• Like 1

So I'm still having issues, is anyone able to look over my nginx config to see if its that please, can i just post here? I turned of CF so its nothing to do with them im thinking.

Really would like this to get sorted i been pulling my hair out (well I lied I'm bald) 🙂

19 hours ago, judgey said:

So I'm still having issues, is anyone able to look over my nginx config to see if its that please, can i just post here? I turned of CF so its nothing to do with them im thinking.

Really would like this to get sorted i been pulling my hair out (well I lied I'm bald) 🙂

Did you compare your nginx config to that of @pir8radio?

pir8radio
23 hours ago, judgey said:

sure post it, hide any domain name or public IP's you don't want out there. 

2 minutes ago, pir8radio said:

sure post it, hide any domain name or public IP's you don't want out there. 

Hey mate, 

i Posted on your thread with your nginx config  :)

thx