aziz

ANSWERED Trakt plugin for MB2 to help migrate to MB3

aziz

Hi,

I have been using MB2.x for many years, and I am a happy user....

I have just started the process of trying MB3 to allow for an upgrade.  Since keeping the playstate is critical, someone suggested I use the Trakt plugin to sync the playstate back and forth between the two versions during the upgrade... 

The problem is... I can't find Trakt plugin for Media Browser 2.x   The plug-in area shows no plugins whatsoever (apart from what's already installed.)

Question:  can I just put the plugin into the plugin directory, and does anyone have the plugin .dll files??

many thanks.

Redshirt

@@ebr - I don't have a binary but I do have the source. I can't build it without a MB2 mediabrowser.dll. Know where I can get my hands on one?

Luke

why don't we have aziz try first by PM'ing people who we know still use MB2. It will save Red and Ebr some time. Like one2go for example. Maybe he's a trakt user.

Redshirt

It's also important to note that the Trakt.tv API 1.0 is being retired at the end of September. Very little of that plugin will work after that deadline. I'll only have the resources to migrate the MB3 server plugin to the new API 2.0.

I realize the OP is only looking to use this as a migration aid, just putting it out there in case other trakt users are trying to stick with MB2.

• Like 1

One2Go

I never saw a need for the Trakt plugin until I realized it is the only way for a successful migration of your play state from MB2 to MB3. However when I realized this, it was too late for any installations then followed by a migration.

For me migration to MB3 is depending on the server installation on Linux and even though it was stated it is of high priority it approaches a year now and still according to the UnRaid forum, plugin designer Phaze is waiting for stable binaries before there can be an MB3 server on the UnRaid OS.

The whole migration process from MB2 to MB3 was not clear to many and the repercussions for not being early adopters also where not aware to many. For a successful migration one had to either have a separate PC install MB3's windows versions, hope that the themes work and then wait with this temporary solution until the final solution arrives then migrate and retire the windows version. If one did not do this there was no way to get from MB2 to a Linux version unless you start all new as when you started first with MB2. But then you might as well look for other solutions like Plex or movie & TV organization sodtware. All in all, not a very desirable process.

I do understand fully the reasonings why it proceeded this way, I just put this out here for others, because they might as well face the fact that if you have an MB2 installation and want to go to MB3 at this moment it is not worthwhile as you face a square one senario and you really have to decide with what solution do I want to go.

Personally I don't see another way of getting from MB2 to MB3, once the MB3 migration was set in motion it was a different product that just has the name Media Browser in common plus since the financial and personal resources are very much stretched, the Devs here had to do what preserves their sanity and families since real life is always more important then an online community.

Edited by One2Go

Luke

we have stable binaries, so i'll have to find out what he means by that. was that a recent comment of his?

One2Go

we have stable binaries, so i'll have to find out what he means by that. was that a recent comment of his?

Phaze on August 21, 2014

chuga on August 20, 2014

Hi,

Now that docker for media browser server has been released on the mb3 website will there be an unraid version?

Mb3 on unraid would probably give me the energy to tackle upgrading to unraid 6, learning dockers etc.

Thanks

Yup, just waiting for the binary DEB to be hosted on their website, but they haven't got a good process for making that deb file yet.

Was posted in the UnRaid forum August 21, 2014

Edited by One2Go

aziz

Hi All,

This sound very complicated :) ..

Question:  Can I copy the trakt plugin files from current MB2.6.2 installation and use it on another MB2.6.2 machine??

If the answer is YES... and since this is a critical part to migrate your install base

then why don't you send a request to your install base (I assume you have all the e-mails, including mine) and find out who is still using MB2.6.2 with trakt and make them an offer :D ,

possibly, starting with everyone registered on this website :D

I wish us all luck...

• Like 1

aziz

This is now resolved... We have a copy of the Trakt plugin for MB2.6.2, for anyone who wants to upgrade and migrate the playstate from MB2.6.2 to MB3...

I had a collection of over 10,000... now it is all synced on MB 3 :D :D :D :D :D :D

JoshFink

This is such an old post but I figured I would ask if the Trakt plugin for MB2.6.2 is still available and still works. I have a feeling because of the old API that it does not but I at least wanted to ask.