v0.515

CBers

You should be getting very good quality then. Are you on a wired or wireless connection to your TV?

Cheers

CrashKelly

Wired connection. 

Maybe my TV won't work well with this app? Also having troubles streaming via Web Client on DLNA. Getting internal server errors. You can read my issues here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10166-samsung-tv-with-dlna-not-showing-on-play-to/

crashkelly

Wired connection. 

Maybe my TV won't work well with this app? Also having troubles streaming via Web Client on DLNA. Getting internal server errors. You can read my issues here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10166-samsung-tv-with-dlna-not-showing-on-play-to/

You should be getting pretty much perfect quality, depending on the rip of course, over a wired connection.

I just tested mine with a 1:1 blu-ray rip mkv and the picture was perfect. However when I selected a subtitle it did pixelate for a couple of seconds but then recovered but no subtitles ever showed. Tried with all three subtitles that are within the mkv container and had the same result.

Long log is attached

Cheers

CrashKelly

server-63545399110.txt

You should be getting pretty much perfect quality, depending on the rip of course, over a wired connection.

I just tested mine with a 1:1 blu-ray rip mkv and the picture was perfect. However when I selected a subtitle it did pixelate for a couple of seconds but then recovered but no subtitles ever showed. Tried with all three subtitles that are within the mkv container and had the same result.

Long log is attached

Cheers

CrashKelly

The quality is perfect until i select the subtitle file. 

Then it pixelates a lot and never recovers. I wait but the movie stays unwatchable. I can see some subtitles but i can't read them because of the noise on the video.

CBers

The quality is perfect until i select the subtitle file.

Then it pixelates a lot and never recovers. I wait but the movie stays unwatchable. I can see some subtitles but i can't read them because of the noise on the video.

PQ without subtitles will be Direct Play, whereas transcoding is enabled for subtitles. Can you increase the BitRate.

Do subtitles work on a movie without subrip, with just an external subtitles file?

Edited by CBers

crashkelly

@@chessdragon136 - does your app use the DLNA profile? 

@@crashkelly - I would think those setting only apply when using DLNA server or Play To.

Edit like you said and still have the same issues. Like @@Happy2Play said, i think that those settings only apply on DLNA. Who leads to another issues reported here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10166-samsung-tv-with-dlna-not-showing-on-play-to/&do=findComment&comment=128878

I could be totally wrong on this, but I thought the settings would take affect as soon as the subtitles were activated as the file would start to transcode to the TV.

BFCF: In the Server configuration, What is your "Advanced >> Transcode" set to? Mine is set to "Higher Quality"

Cheers

CrashKelly

EDIT: Mine works fine as a PlayTo device, although I have never tried subtitles. Will do that momentarily :)

EDIT 2: Just used the web client to PlayTo my TV and the mkv with DTS-HD MA played successfully. Turning on the subtitles (srt) threw a 500 internal server error. and killing the sound :(

The above in my post is getting off the topic of the Samsung app though

Edited by crashkelly

I could be totally wrong on this, but I thought the settings would take affect as soon as the subtitles were activated as the file would start to transcode to the TV.

BFCF: In the Server configuration, What is your "Advanced >> Transcode" set to? Mine is set to "Higher Quality"

Cheers

CrashKelly

EDIT: Mine works fine as a PlayTo device, although I have never tried subtitles. Will do that momentarily :)

EDIT 2: Just used the web client to PlayTo my TV and the mkv with DTS-HD MA played successfully. Turning on the subtitles (srt) threw a 500 internal server error. and killing the sound :(

The above in my post is getting off the topic of the Samsung app though

Hello,

I don't know about you but when i select the .SRT file, it still says direct play, even with the subtitle file open.  My "Advanced >> Transcode" is set to auto.

I have the same issues about the "internal server error" but i think it does not apply on this topic. Please go to http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10166-samsung-tv-with-dlna-not-showing-on-play-to/&do=findComment&comment=128878 :)

CBers

Should transcode if subtitles enabled.

The question is though, if you turn them off, does it revert to Direct Play.

Edited by CBers

crashkelly

Hello,

I don't know about you but when i select the .SRT file, it still says direct play, even with the subtitle file open.  My "Advanced >> Transcode" is set to auto.

I have the same issues about the "internal server error" but i think it does not apply on this topic. Please go to http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10166-samsung-tv-with-dlna-not-showing-on-play-to/&do=findComment&comment=128878 :)

I will check mine later today to see if it still Direct Plays with an .srt subtitle. However, if it is still doing Direct Play then none of the transcode settings would be coming into play

Cheers

CrashKelly

I think this issue is bigger than i thought.

Playing files directly from web client to XBOX ONE (got one today) with no subtitles selected, runs perfect.

When selecting subtitles, the freezes and big squares comes back and the movie struggles to play and evens stop. I don't know what to do.

Media Browser server is running on a Windows 7 PC.

Glyde62

K

Sound track switching is improving with 515c it now doesn't crash when switching, But I now get no sound at all

Sent from the secret room in the back of your closet

Tried some other movies this afternoon, Sound stayed but didn't change language even though app said it did

Any update on a fix for these problems?

Sent from the secret room in the back of your closet

Edited by Glyde62

CBers

I think this issue is bigger than i thought.

Playing files directly from web client to XBOX ONE (got one today) with no subtitles selected, runs perfect.

When selecting subtitles, the freezes and big squares comes back and the movie struggles to play and evens stop. I don't know what to do.

Media Browser server is running on a Windows 7 PC.

You might wanna post about that in the server forum.

@@chessdragon136 - on versions before v0.500, I was able to use the left/right arrows on my TV remote to move between episodes, but since v0.500, it seems a bit flakey.

I can perhaps go back an episode, but can't go forward.

Under TV->Latest, I see latest movies as well.

Same here

Movies Latest show latest movies, TV Latest show Movies and TV shows

above1

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
patchboy

hello there friends...

first time posting...please be gentle..

i have been a fan of media browser since i installed a mediaserver in my home 4 years ago...and in am a samsung fan and have 2 samsung tv's, samsung laptop which im on now, 2 tablets and 3 samsung fones....yeah a fan...

my D series tv is struggling with the 0.515c version of the app, the genre page just hangs and then crashes smart hub...

i have been looking for an earlier version to install...which was working perfectly before i upgraded...

i am using the 94.175.25.47 ip address to download the app

the 92.232.122.228 will not connect...

thoughts

chessdragon136

Can you remember which version you had previously where it was working? Do you have many genres?

Unfortunately it is not possible to host any but the latest version so there is not much I can do in terms of providing older versions...

chessdragon136

Oh wow so v4 was before the entire interface change - Ok will take a look on my tv at the weekend and go from there.

patchboy

thanks for your reply, and glad you are on the mend

i am hoping that the next update will fix my random issue.  this is a great app and i thank you for efforts and those who have assisted...

there are 32 genre listings...1400 plus movies in total

previous version was a 0.4 something

current version 0.515c

patchboy

thanks cheasedragon I am stoked that the legend himself is onto it...

no stress tho if its a mission. ..I can eait till the next version and hopefully all will be rosey then..

your app is fantastic by the way. ..