v0.515

CBers

CBers

Switching subtitles on during playback causes an error:

2014-08-30%2015.52.41.jpg

I believe this happened on v0.510 as well.

Mediainfo details of video:

Capture953.jpg

Server log

CBers

Still erroring.

That movie has a subrip and an external srt subtitles file but just tried another movie with only srt file and it also fails.

I need to go out soon so will test later tonight or tomorrow.

Hopefully someone else can test.

Glyde62

Did a complete reinstall and getting same error message as Cbers when trying to switch language

Sent from the secret room in the back of your closet

• Like 1

CBers

Thanks, chess :) 3 reboots later, I'm on v0.515c. Working great!

When was 515C released? I was still on 515A.

Updated now - what's changed?

Glyde62

Sound track switching is improving with 515c it now doesn't crash when switching, But I now get no sound at all

Sent from the secret room in the back of your closet

Tried  some other movies this afternoon, Sound stayed but didn't change language even though app said it did

Edited by Glyde62

AgileHumor

on 515c, when going to 'Home > TV > Latest'...it shows latest movies + TV...when I'm assuming it should only show latest TV.

Edited by AgileHumor

chessdragon136

Nope definitely hasn't - annoyingly the TV can Cache an app - uninstall - reboot - check if installed, if so uninstall - reboot - check if installed (hopefully not or you get in a long loop here) - install if uninstalled - reboot - run app..

Basically do a step and reboot :D Its a pain but it does work

• Like 1

gogreenpower

IRT v0.515c subtitles now switch on and off through the tools menu.

But it does some funky stuff during a 3D movie. The subtitles display as if it's in SBS mode but with 3D turned off while the movie is actually in 3D mode, if you turn 3D mode off so you have the two pictures SBS, the subtitles are perfect....

Hope you can understand my ramblings? I can take some screenshots tomorrow if you want

Edited by gogreenpower
  • Like 1

IRT v0.515c subtitles now switch on and off through the tools menu.

But it does some funky stuff during a 3D movie. The subtitles display as if it's in SBS mode but with 3D turned off while the movie is actually in 3D mode, if you turn 3D mode off so you have the two pictures SBS, the subtitles are perfect....

Hope you can understand my ramblings? I can take some screenshots tomorrow if you want

This issue is confirmed here too

DaN

Just some things I've found with the current release, probably since the new interface, which I'm liking by the way.  (Currently on v0.515c)

• When selecting seasons or episode names, if the backdrop is dark, it can be difficult to to determine which item is selected as the only highlighting is a black background behind the item name.  Not all that obvious with a dark backdrop. It may be worth using a contrasting text color for the selected item.  Red, or possibly stick with the MB green text theme
  • In the Home page setup on the settings page, selecting New TV for Home View 2 no longer works.  All the other Home Views appear to be fine
  • Selecting a Media Folder within then Media Folders View shows every episode and movie at the top level.  This doesn't seem very useful and I expect it should honor the folder/season structure as I recall the older (pre-5.00) versions did.
  • From the TV View, we no longer have a 'Suggested' sub-menu which previously would display the Next Up episodes.  Can we have this sub-menu back please?
  • Latest TV sub-menu under TV also appears to show pictures/photos when I suspect it should only be showing episodes.  
  • Not sure if a like portrait view for Genres.  It can be difficult to read Genre titles, even on a 60" screen.  Maybe landscape might be better, or different genre images with larger text.
  • Has anybody else noticed that sometimes when the application starts, the Resume Items on the Home View are completely random and incorrect? If you go into a folder, then press return, they are then correct?  Doesn't happen all the time, maybe 1 in 5.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hello!

First post on this community!

Just installed Media Browser 3 Server and i'm trying the Samsung app on my tv.

No issues installing it and now i have version 0.515c working. But...when i start the playback of a video, the sound is really low. Selecting my subtitle file, the sound goes louder, like it should be. But the video shows a lot of artifacts because of subtitle file and i can't even watch the video because of the freezes and all the squares. 

Is this happening to someone else? Or just me?

EDIT: I just had an error when selecting another subtitle. "Rendering error type 3", i think it's something like that. And then the playback stops.

Edited by BFCF

crashkelly

Hello!

First post on this community!

Just installed Media Browser 3 Server and i'm trying the Samsung app on my tv.

No issues installing it and now i have version 0.515c working. But...when i start the playback of a video, the sound is really low. Selecting my subtitle file, the sound goes louder, like it should be. But the video shows a lot of artifacts because of subtitle file and i can't even watch the video because of the freezes and all the squares. 

Is this happening to someone else? Or just me?

EDIT: I just had an error when selecting another subtitle. "Rendering error type 3", i think it's something like that. And then the playback stops.

In speaking to your quality issues, is your file transcoding or direct playing to the Samsung TV?

To find out, start the video on your TV and then take a look at the Server Dashboard page. Once there, mouse over the file that is playing on your TV and after a couple of seconds it will show you the answer to the above question.

Thanks

CrashKelly

In speaking to your quality issues, is your file transcoding or direct playing to the Samsung TV?

To find out, start the video on your TV and then take a look at the Server Dashboard page. Once there, mouse over the file that is playing on your TV and after a couple of seconds it will show you the answer to the above question.

Thanks

CrashKelly

Hi,

I will do that later on the day because i'm at work now and i will let you know. ;)

crashkelly

PQ without subtitles will be Direct Play, whereas transcoding is enabled for subtitles. Can you increase the BitRate.

Do subtitles work on a movie without subrip, with just an external subtitles file?

No, same thing happens.

I would definitely look at the bit rate for the Samsung transcoding file. I downloaded a .srt subtitle file for my test movie and after selecting it the same pixelization occurring for a couple of seconds but then it cleared up and subtitles worked.

In the server configuration tool go to DLNA >> Profiles and find the "Samsung Smart TV" profile in the list. Click on it edit it and then go into Playback Settings. I upped my "Max Streaming Bitrate" to 40000000. When you save the edits it will automatically create a new profile so you do not need to worry about over-writing the original

The Samsung manual says the max is 30000000, but I took a chance on 40000000 as most of my bd rips are 30000000+

Hope it works for you

Cheers

CrashKelly

EDIT: I do want to point out again that the pgs subtitles inside the mkv container were selectable, but never showed on the screen

Edited by crashkelly

I would definitely look at the bit rate for the Samsung transcoding file. I downloaded a .srt subtitle file for my test movie and after selecting it the same pixelization occurring for a couple of seconds but then it cleared up and subtitles worked.

In the server configuration tool go to DLNA >> Profiles and find the "Samsung Smart TV" profile in the list. Click on it edit it and then go into Playback Settings. I upped my "Max Streaming Bitrate" to 40000000. When you save the edits it will automatically create a new profile so you do not need to worry about over-writing the original

The Samsung manual says the max is 30000000, but I took a chance on 40000000 as most of my bd rips are 30000000+

Hope it works for you

Cheers

CrashKelly

EDIT: I do want to point out again that the pgs subtitles inside the mkv container were selectable, but never showed on the screen

Edit like you said and still have the same issues. Like @@Happy2Play said, i think that those settings only apply on DLNA. Who leads to another issues reported here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10166-samsung-tv-with-dlna-not-showing-on-play-to/&do=findComment&comment=128878

Edited by BFCF

crashkelly

It says "Direct Play". Hope it helps.

You should be getting very good quality then. Are you on a wired or wireless connection to your TV?

Cheers

CrashKelly