Coverart question

Teddy
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Teddy

ebr, please would it be possible by modifying some type of file, that depending on the directory where the shows are located, coverart that instead of putting "TV Series" it would put "TV Series HD" or "TV Series 4K"?

Thanks in advance486331304_TVSeries.thumb.png.a66d7d08504e55cb7c50b54043d6d192.png

Happy2Play

Currently there are no options and this feature would need to be coded in a plugin update.  Then new templates would need to be made.

So would this be a user set quality on the Series or is it suppose to just choose from episode quality? 

But the odds are slim of having the same quality on currently airing show so what should be done in a mix season quality of a Series?

But there are may topics asking for quality options for TV Series.  But there are just to many variables for a Series vs a single item Movie.

I would think the ca tagging method would be the most appropriate way as ebr has mentioned.  But image templates would still need to be built and code changes.

Teddy

Really what I ask is not that coverart analyze the type of codec used, but that I manually set the quality of the series, modifying only the text of the covers. I have looked at the coverart configuration file but I have not been able to change that text from "TV Series" to another. So I was wondering if there was any way modifying the CoverArt.xml file or another.

• Solution
Happy2Play

There is only one "cc_series" or "tvserieslogo" (hard to see below) so it is all or none.  The logo is overlayed on the c3d_case in your ThickCase example.  These images appear in the CA resource folder once enable in the UI and generate a case folder with said image.  So yes manual manipulation can be done, but the cache cleanup task deletes anything over 30 days old so it can be a tedious process ensuring custom images are updated every 30 days.  I use to maintain different colored mframe images this way.

cc_series.png.00f273a2438187f7b350b6fb2f230147.pngtvserieslogo.thumb.png.89e49e907a76cea4199e525ca91f81a6.png

Edited by Happy2Play