Lack of buffering from an outside reproduction

AthelriC

On 8/11/2021 at 11:03 AM, Luke said:

Hi, I would suggest lowering the in app quality setting to reduce the bitrate via server transcoding. Please let us know if that helps. Thanks.

Hi, did you try this?

AthelriC
38 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, did you try this?

Thats exactly what I don't want to do, what's the point of getting a full 4K movie if you will not see it as intended...

I change my internet speed to 609/600, to see if the pump in on internet upload helps. 

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, AthelriC said:

Thats exactly what I don't want to do, what's the point of getting a full 4K movie if you will not see it as intended...

I change my internet speed to 609/600, to see if the pump in on internet upload helps. 

At the same time getting 4K media to stream at the the rate they are ripped at is a feat in itself as no streaming service does this.  So having a high speed internet connection is somewhat irrelevant as most providers are going to shape your traffic.

In theory if you are direct playing and buffering it is likely the media just isn't being transferred from A to B fast enough.

47 minutes ago, AthelriC said:

What about the internet connection of the client devices? And there could also be ISP throttling on either side of the connection.

AthelriC
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

What about the internet connection of the client devices? And there could also be ISP throttling on either side of the connection.

All the client devises are connected via cable for more stable connection. 

But my original question that no one has answer me, emby uses full power for the upload? There's something I can tweak up?

18 hours ago, AthelriC said:

But my original question that no one has answer me, emby uses full power for the upload? There's something I can tweak up?

Hi.  There is nothing you can tweak.  The client side requests the data and the server delivers it as fast as possible.  But, as stated a few times, the ISP, connection, etc. are very likely limiting factors here.  You might consider converting these items down to bitrates closer to 20Mb/s for remote playback.

AthelriC

so i was doing some test today with my brother and the movie still freezes for buffering probleams the picture shows that the NAS is uploading 7.19MBps, and thats what i dont understand, why cant the NAS upload more to make the buffer bigger?

Screenshot_1.jpg

AthelriC
13 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Please see my last response.

As I first response, the idea of having a remux it's to watch a full quality movie, I'll see if I can turn down the bitrate a little bit, but isn't that the idea :(

2 minutes ago, AthelriC said:

As I first response, the idea of having a remux it's to watch a full quality movie, I'll see if I can turn down the bitrate a little bit, but isn't that the idea :(

I understand but you are trying to run your McLaren on a motocross track and, even though you got the car to go really fast, the road simply isn't designed for that :).