last.fm

Sammy

Sammy

What exactly does the last.fm plugin do?

Also, when I used my last.fm credentials, and saved them an API or similar serialization came up after hitting "Save" so I don't even know if it logged me in.

vdatanet
8 hours ago, Sammy said:

What exactly does the last.fm plugin do?

It scrobbles music to last.fm. 

But some apps aren't scrobbling property:

• Like 1

Sammy

So after it scrobbles songs played to last.fm then what? Does last.fm send a custom curated Playlist back to Emby based upon songs previously played? I guess I am not sure what the point is..

The point, and the features that it has are listed in the plugin description.

It's so that when you sign into last fm you can see what you've been playing I guess.

Sammy

So if I "like" a song in another app such as Pandora last.fm will track it and report back to Emby to show it as a favorite in Emby?

vdatanet
17 minutes ago, Sammy said:

So if I "like" a song in another app such as Pandora last.fm will track it and report back to Emby to show it as a favorite in Emby?

There are currently two options available in the plugin:

• Enable Scrobbling for this user?  Will, as the label state, enable scrobbling for the selected user
  • Sync favourites for this user? Will enable tracks to be marked as loved in Last.fm when the track is favoured in MediaBrowser. This option also enables loved tracks to be marked as favourite when importing data via the Scheduled Task. Important - The import task will unfavourite any tracks not marked as loved in last.fm, so before using this option make sure all your local favourites are marked as loved

For me, when scrobbling a loved track in Emby, it's set as loved in last.fm, but I've never been able to import loved tracks from last.fm to Emby. I suppose this is the cause, something in last.fm API (I get this error while fetching data from last.fm):

2021-08-08 18:09:49.058 Error Last.fm: Deprecated - This type of request is no longer supported

Sammy

Maybe I'll just stick to my trusty turntable circa 1980..

This morning's selection. 

20210808_094748.jpg

• Like 1

vdatanet
6 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Maybe I'll just stick to my trusty turntable circa 1980..

This morning's selection. 

20210808_094748.jpg

it scrobbles to last.fm? 😀

• Haha 1

vdatanet
1 hour ago, Sammy said:

Black Vinyl is as lossless as it gets..

But it scrobbles to last.fm! 😀

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
Havtorn

The point is, I think (this is what I would use it for anyway). That last.fm will suggest new music for you to discover based on your current music consumption in emby. You can then acquire that music and expand your library much like the Spotify discover functionality.

Unfortunately it will not authenticate my last.fm account in the plugin...

Edited by Havtorn

Havtorn
20 minutes ago, Havtorn said:

Unfortunately it will not authenticate my last.fm account in the plugin...

Apparently it was not able to authenticate using my email (which is normally use for singing in to last.fm), but it was able to authenticate using username (which is also what it asked for in the plugin UI to be fair)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
jlambie

Hi, I was looking in the plugins directory for this last.fm plugin - I can't see it. Assume it's no longer available? Thanks,

15 minutes ago, jlambie said:

Hi, I was looking in the plugins directory for this last.fm plugin - I can't see it. Assume it's no longer available? Thanks,

Hi, it's still there in the Metadata section.