EX4100 unable to load server start page after install

Jaywestmorland

Jaywestmorland

Hello 

I have a EX4100 os 5 and have installed the 2 different apps offered and neither one lets me open nor find server. It installs the app without errors. When clicking conf I get nothing can't find server. I have tried this on both of the ex4100 that I have both act the same way. Please help. New at this and am lost.

Jaywestmorland

4.7.0.5 sarmhf.bin

Have tried uninstalling and installing several different times no luck

Thanks

alucryd

@Jaywestmorland Could you SSH into your device and post the output of the following commands please?

uname -a
cat /proc/cpuinfo
ls -la /lib/ld-*

I only have the Ex2 ultra here and can't reproduce.

Jaywestmorland
9 hours ago, alucryd said:

uname -a cat /proc/cpuinfo ls -la /lib/ld-*

login as: sshd
sshd@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx password:

BusyBox v1.30.1 (2020-09-04 02:41:28 UTC) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

root@WDMyCloudEX4100 ~ # uname -a
Linux WDMyCloudEX4100 4.14.22-armada-18.09.3 #1 SMP Fri May 28 00:58:44 UTC 2021 ga-18.09.3 Build-23 armv7l GNU/Linux
root@WDMyCloudEX4100 ~ # cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)
BogoMIPS        : 1600.00
Features        : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 tls vfpd32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x4
CPU part        : 0xc09
CPU revision    : 1

processor       : 1
model name      : ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)
BogoMIPS        : 1600.00
Features        : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 tls vfpd32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x4
CPU part        : 0xc09
CPU revision    : 1

Hardware        : Marvell Armada 380/385 (Device Tree)
Revision        : 0000
Serial          : 0000000000000000
root@WDMyCloudEX4100 ~ # ls -la /lib/ld-*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        105840 May  1  2019 /lib/ld-2.28.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            10 May  1  2019 /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 -> ld-2.28.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            19 May  1  2019 /lib/ld-linux.so.3 -> ld-linux-armhf.so.3
root@WDMyCloudEX4100 ~ #

alucryd

Hmm, on paper it all checks out, this is virtually the same hardware as some synology models. Unfortunately WD's software is where things get ugly, I'll try to produce a build that can hopefully bypass their software. Worst case scenario I'll move all EX models to the mono variant.

Edited by alucryd

Jaywestmorland

thanks for your help with this. I have tried everything that I can think of to make it work. No luck. I have looked at all the installed files and it looks like everything is there for what I can tell. I have 2 of these and they have been great for my nas and backup nas. I have run them for years and they just work. I do have a large video and audio libraries. That is why I wanted to change my server so that I can use a localized database. I have installed and working with mysql right now for the database. Thanks again for your help.

Jaywestmorland

Same issue still can't open the index file to configure the app. I think something is installing the wrong way. 

Jaywestmorland

could this be the port? I have tried to ssh into the port and I am unable to access. I can ssh into the drives on prot 22. 

alucryd

Ah, sorry about that, looks like all our beta mono packages are down right now. I built the stable version

• 1 month later...
t4madmin

Hi all, I am having the same issue as this other user also, downloaded the package for emby server for 0S3 as I've yet to upgrade to OS5 as I've heard a few horror stories after the update so I'm hesitant! lol. I had tried to download that package that you posted on the 12th of Aug but it looks like it's dead. Is there any help I can get without updating to WD's OS5 (BTW I do plan to update but I have 4 8TB drives that I want backed up before I attempt it and well...that cost money I don't have :( lol) or must that be a requirement? Just asking, I'm running it on my laptop and it's running and handling fine, I just don't want to leave it on it as if I need to go my family doesn't have access to our catalog so I would love to get it on the NAS but if need be I can put it on a USFF I have! Just thought I'd ask.

This is the package I used:

emby-server-western_digital_ex4100_4.6.4.0_armhf.bin

and unit is the WD EX4100 (I can ssh into it if you would like to see logs)

Any info or help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

t4madmin

@Luke sorry, I meant when I click on the link it gives me a "404 Not Found." I apologize, when you asked that I said to myself, yep, that was confusing on my part! My apologizes! Thanks for responding and if you need any other input let me know. I appreciate your time and any help!

Thanks

2 hours ago, t4madmin said:

@Luke sorry, I meant when I click on the link it gives me a "404 Not Found." I apologize, when you asked that I said to myself, yep, that was confusing on my part! My apologizes! Thanks for responding and if you need any other input let me know. I appreciate your time and any help!

Thanks

Hi, please try using the download from our website:

https://emby.media/western-digital-server-os3.html

Thanks.