CoverArt indicator

Teddy
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Teddy

Would a 4K or HD indicator be possible for show folders the same as how they work for movies? 

It would be nice to know if the show is in HD, SD or 4K format.

Movie.png.72ed6efa3e011f78bcebdf4f88f0563a.pngShow.png.3015dfb16d200236aab327b50a08a661.png

• Agree 1

Teddy

It would not be my case. Each show that I have is either 4K or HD or SD, but never the same show has different formats.

• Solution

Yeah, the issue is that the  TV show does not have any media attributes like that.  It is a container and can contain any combination of things.

We could possibly have it read the "ca-..." tag but it currently doesn't do that.  Plus there just isn't any artwork created for them so it would take some degree of effort.

Teddy

Thanks ebr for clarifying.

For now I will continue with different "Treatment Style" to distinguish the resolution that each show has.

roaku
12 minutes ago, ebr said:

I'm not positive but @roaku's plug-in may be able to do this for you...

Thanks for the mention.

Iconic isn't operating on TV shows yet in public releases, but I'm in the middle of work on it.

I may be able to add a rule to cover this, but I don't know how intense it would be to query for all the episodes to analyze their resolution.

I imagine most users would want their highest resolution episode of a show to determine the show's resolution.

Teddy
1 hour ago, roaku said:

Thanks for the mention.

Iconic isn't operating on TV shows yet in public releases, but I'm in the middle of work on it.

I may be able to add a rule to cover this, but I don't know how intense it would be to query for all the episodes to analyze their resolution.

I imagine most users would want their highest resolution episode of a show to determine the show's resolution.

@roaku , when you say "public releases" what do you mean ? I have my different shows on disk in their folder respecting the structure, season 1, season 2 ... Anyway I have installed your plug-in but I have not been able to make it work in the main folder of each show.

Edited by Teddy

roaku
1 minute ago, Teddy said:

@roaku , when you say "public releases" what do you mean ? I have my different shows on disk in their folder respecting the structure, season 1, season 2 ... Anyway I have installed your plug-in but I have not been able to make it work in the main folder of each show.

It means I'm in the middle of writing the code that will enable my plugin to work on TV Shows, Seasons, and Episodes.

It's not an existing feature available to you at this time.