Music Player controls stuck behind Android 10 navigation controls

roaku

roaku

When playing music, the on screen playback controls are appearing at the bottom *behind* Android 10's nav bar that includes Home and Back buttons.

This renders the player controls completely unusable in portrait.

In landscape, only the queue button is inaccessible.

The workarounds are to use the notification bar controls, rotate to landscape and click the album art to pull up the full screen player controls, or use bluetooth controls to manipulate playback.

I feel like this issue appeared in the last couple of versions. I'm currently running 3.2.05. I haven't been using Emby for music very long, though, so it's possible I just didn't notice until recently.

Screenshot_20210806-131510.thumb.jpg.5d83b5c3556166fb72fe49ad2e72238c.jpg

Edited by roaku
  • Thanks 1

pwhodges

On my Huawei Mediapad I was able to remove the Android on-screen commands by switching to gestures using the button; that completely removed this issue for me, and I now find I actually prefer that method of navigation.  I guess what you can do will vary on different devices, though.

Paul

roaku
7 minutes ago, Luke said:

So you don't get the bottom navigation on this device?

I get what's in the screenshot in the first post.

Album image and info, play and queue buttons.

I can't interact with any of it because it's underneath the OS's bottom navigation.

pwhodges
6 hours ago, Luke said:

So you don't get the bottom navigation on this device?

It's a Huawei option to turn the Android navigation off, yes.  I did that specifically for the reason in the OP here - I couldn't use the Emby bottom navigation because the Android one took precedence.  (There was a previous thread in this forum which brought up the same complaint, and I found my way out in that.)

Paul

Edited by pwhodges
  • Like 1

roaku
1 hour ago, Luke said:

So is it the same or different?

I provided a Highlights style visual comparison, so you could spot any differences you were curious about.

I have no idea what answer you're looking for.

Did I successfully click music navigation buttons in the web app to gleeful exhaustion? Yes.

Can I do the same in Android 10, where the music navigation buttons appear behind an OS level navigation bar? No.

roaku

I think I might have an insight.

The music nav magically popped back into place today.

I think it's because I happened to be back on my local network with full access to my Emby server.

This caused the main Emby bottom nav to reappear, which pushed the music nav above both the Android nav and the Emby main nav.

Screenshot_20210807-212416.thumb.jpg.0bff8bd7c185e86cf6835d66d1dcbdc6.jpg

To me, this suggests that the Emby main nav has a proper understanding of the 'bottom' of the Android screen, but the music nav doesn't. It's dependent on the presence of the main nav to keep it above the Android bottom nav.

Edited by roaku

• 1 month later...
roaku
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Can you please try this version and let me know if there's still an issue?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1obwrckg4lkjc8/emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release.apk?dl=0

Thanks.

This version seems to have resolved my issue.

The music controls are now use-ably positioned when using Downloads and not connected to my server:

Screenshot_20211004-170823.jpg.9091c89f02aef4979ca6863e07747952.jpg

Thanks!