4.6.4.0 causes random mono core dumps on FreeBSD 13

Duffyx

Duffyx

Anyone else seeing this?

I cant find anything in the Emby logs, although what appears to be a random amount of time of playback my Emby service just crashes in my jail.

Maybe also not specific to FreeBSD 13, some on FreeBSD 12 with the same problem?

Edited by Duffyx

adrianwi

I've already reported this as a problem with a Photo library

But have also seen more random shutdowns on 4.6.4.0 than I'd ever experienced with previous versions. 

1 hour ago, Duffyx said:

Using the newer mono runtime does not help.

Can you please attach an emby server log? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

As a last resort I deleted my full /var/db/emby-server directory and started fresh. That seems to have worked for now, stable playback, no more core dumps. Luke is it possible the database got ripped with an update that wasn't fully finished (converted the database)?

Edited by Duffyx

5 hours ago, Duffyx said:

As a last resort I deleted my full /var/db/emby-server directory and started fresh. That seems to have worked for now, stable playback, no more core dumps. Luke is it possible the database got ripped with an update that wasn't fully finished (converted the database)?

It's hard to say at this point but I"m glad to hear you're seeing better results. Ultimately I think the issues are tied to having to use the mono runtime rather than the .net core runtime.

But both are equally supported I hope? Given FreeBSD does not have .NET yet.

Edited by Duffyx

Yes, we do the best we can with the mono runtime but occasionally there are times when we run into it's limitations and can't do anything about it. For example, the inability to use the realtime monitor, higher resource consumption, etc.