[Coverart] Flatten the picture and deform it

BaiGanJia
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

• Solution
Happy2Play

Have you looked at the plugin options?

Use original art aspect ratio

By default, CoverArt will fit the original artwork into the shape of the particular treatment that is chosen. Enabling this will instead make it more closely fit the final image to the shape of the original artwork.

BaiGanJia
On 8/5/2021 at 4:49 PM, Happy2Play said:

Have you looked at the plugin options?

yes Of course,

Whether I check this option or not, the poster is always deformed, and I'm sure it's a program problem with the plug-in itself。

image.png.2f5a98bb6791192fc25ef51627b00487.png

image.png.9f6c7db7132c8889acd243b89c0abc27.png

BaiGanJia
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

What's wrong with the first one?

has no one ever asked this question?

Look at her face, she's getting fat ! 

image.png.ef091231fc8e5b5a954308110fd05831.png

8 hours ago, SelfEnough said:

and I'm sure it's a program problem with the plug-in itself

Hi.  Not necessarily.  The UI may be imposing a particular shape.  If you look in your image cache for those enhanced images, do the actual image files contain that distortion?

BaiGanJia
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Not necessarily.  The UI may be imposing a particular shape.  If you look in your image cache for those enhanced images, do the actual image files contain that distortion?

yes  you're right , I checked the cache image,the actual image file is right.

image.png.df8d7f1d4179b18403647ab603e7ec57.png

but in emby, Either in Web, android, Or TV, it shows the distortion.

Is there a solution?

2 minutes ago, SelfEnough said:

emby TV

What app is that?

I'm pretty sure that Android TV, Fire TV and Roku will not distort these in the detail screen.  However, in some presentations, we do choose to fill the frame if the image is "very close" to the target shape because this produces uniform images when people have a bunch of ones that are slightly different aspect ratios.  This looks much better than displaying the odd shaped ones next to each other.

BaiGanJia
5 minutes ago, ebr said:

What app is that?

I'm pretty sure that Android TV, Fire TV and Roku will not distort these in the detail screen.  However, in some presentations, we do choose to fill the frame if the image is "very close" to the target shape because this produces uniform images when people have a bunch of ones that are slightly different aspect ratios.  This looks much better than displaying the odd shaped ones next to each other.

the actual image file

image.png.6f36c66f99df66183e103cb60e53d686.png

emby theater  (distortion)

MITVScreenshot_617_1628773472987-com.xiaomi_mitv..thumb.jpg.afd7d70042e8cb7f90cdd62626f81fcf.jpg

web browser (distortion)

image.thumb.png.28d182785fe0c8ef5b5f25b2e5b532ec.png

Android (distortion)

Screenshot_2021-08-12-21-06-50-80_0645726b2543e19.thumb.jpg.199962a540973616056bbfa8d50a2e69.jpg

Hi.  Yes, none of those are the apps I mentioned but the slight distortion you are seeing is for the reason I mentioned previously:

11 minutes ago, ebr said:

in some presentations, we do choose to fill the frame if the image is "very close" to the target shape because this produces uniform images when people have a bunch of ones that are slightly different aspect ratios.  This looks much better than displaying the odd shaped ones next to each other.

BaiGanJia
5 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Yes, none of those are the apps I mentioned but the slight distortion you are seeing is for the reason I mentioned previously:

Is there no other better solution?

like this?

image.thumb.png.653e73aaf52629797405d4cca4b84127.png 

We've found that a very slight distortion is preferable to a crop.  In your example, you are cropping the bottom because you know that is the "most expendable" part of the image.  That may not always be the case so the other option is to crop all the way around the image which, in your example, would cut off part of the label on the top created by CoverArt.