Suggestions list can have double entry

visproduction

visproduction

It appears that if you start playback, pause switch to alternate audio and play again, the suggestion list registers the same media twice.  This can also happen if you play media A, pause, media B, pause and go back to media A.  Suggestions will show Media A, B and A again.

Not a big deal, but sort of senseless.  Would be nice to have logic, if variable in list = previous variable in list, then delete 1st variable from list.

Edited by visproduction

Hi there, what suggestion list are you referring to? Can you please go over an example? Thanks.

visproduction

The other content in each row is mixed from two libraries.  If you clicked each art card, some would play from the trailer library and some from the full movie library.  But the recommendation shows up twice.  It may be from playing back two audio versions of the movie.  I cannot get it to show double, even if I play a the first few minutes of a movie multiple times.  So, It's a edge case bug that seems to double up, only from alternate audio playback.  Sort of not worth fixing.  It seems pretty rare.  Does it happen to anyone else?

570901619_Playbackofalternateaudiomaycause2timesuggestionslisting.thumb.jpg.1f08d8aa6414c83cf0e634953d4e5d60.jpg

Library suggestion sort shows same content twice.jpg

Edited by visproduction

If you do a search for "Star Trek Beyond" how many movies are returned?

visproduction

Search gets two Star Trek Beyond, one is a movie, the other is a trailer in a library of trailers.  I can see where the results can get mixed, but the issue is "Because you watched..." is entered twice.

OK so when you say two different audio versions is this the same file with multiple sound tracks or two different files?

visproduction

Two audio version on the same video.  The audio has that drop down list.  Look at the screen image above.  I just checked my suggestions again across all libraries and they are not doubled up.  So I ran all four audio versions of that one film.  It seems to take some time to show up in suggestions.  The ones listed now - "Because you watched..."  are from about 6 hours ago.  If watching all 4 versions audio of the one film causes a doubling, I will post here the results.  Otherwise, now it is behaving correctly.

visproduction

Aha, found another code quirk.  I watched trailer media content: "Star Wars: The Force Awakens #1"
Suggestions found these in a row.

Because you watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens #1

Because you watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens #2

Because you watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens #3

The code thinks I also watched #2 and #3, but I did not.  Either it's confused by the : in the name or the #1 at the end.

This is pretty obscure, back burner stuff. Ha!

If someone knows where this js code is, I can try to troubleshoot it.

Edited by visproduction

visproduction

Well suggestion search code found a match and listed all three as watched.  I didn't bother with an image, but the name of each one ends in the number, otherwise the same.  There are #1, #2, and #3 separate trailers each in their own directory, with their own images and .nko files.  I am thinking that the regexp in the match the name code fails with either the : or the # and so it thinks all are the same.  I get suggestions with each one showing up, one row after another.  Sorry, maybe a picture would have been easier.  This is such a small glitch.  I am sure no one has ever run into it before.  Perhaps in a regexp search, you may need to ignore : otherwise, it only searches to the :, stops and moves to the next one.  Anyway, sorry for taking so much time on such a minor issue.

What trailer media content? Did you create a library of trailers and import them as movies?

visproduction

I did do that with the trailers, so I could get all the actors and backdrop images to work.  That is why the content name is often the same as a movie.  The trailers are in their own library  Most people don't bother with trailers in this way, so this issue probably is not a problem.  I already had a trailer collection from working on a large social media site, so it was fairly easy to add them in.  I like the ability to group by genre and sort by community / critic ratings.  With 1000 trailers, picked because I think the movies are good, the genre becomes like a topic for a class in film history... "Let's discuss film dramas from 1930 to 1990" and show the cards.  Unless the trailers are in a library, you can't do that.

Trailers - Drama Genre - Sorted by Critic rating.jpg

Edited by visproduction

Ok yes that is why this is happening because the server is treating them as movies. It doesn't know that they're trailers.

visproduction

Yes, I get that. So finding a movie in one library and a trailer in the other, both with the same name can cause the search suggestions to list: "Because you watched..."  the name of the movie, followed by the same name pulled from the trailer.  OK... but that doesn't explain why it thinks I watched trailers #1, #2, #3, when I only watched #1.

My guess is that /dashboard=ui/search/searchfields.js  uses js trim

function onSearchTimeout(){
	var value=((value=this.nextSearchValue)||"").trim();
	events.trigger(this,"search",[value]);

And, I think, the built in trim has limits. see: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/498970/trim-string-in-javascript/8522376#8522376

I have not tested it to see if a colon or number sign # would halt the js trim and this situation is so extremely edge case, it's not worth spending any more time on.  searchfield.js is working fine.  I just thought would mention this, in case anyone is planning on a new search release.

I have to say, I am amazed at the speed and detail you all respond to so many code issues.  Emby is a great product and the support and response time on the forum is amazing.  Thanks.

Edited by visproduction

Those trailers are all the same movie as far as your server is concerned, therefore they get the same user data.

• Thanks 1