Emby and My Cloud Mirror (2nd gen)

chrillerb

chrillerb

Hi there,

Just installed Emby on my WD My Cloud Mirror (2nd gen). And it seems like the server is running.

Problem is though: I cannot login to the server. Tried using my Emby-login from another server - without any luck. And I don't have the password for the user suggested as a standard.
I tried selecting "forgot password" - but then a text file is sent to somewhere on the WD My Cloud that I cannot acces ...

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Tried using my Emby-login from another server

The users are private to each server. Do you recall the username and passwords you setup on that server?

chrillerb

Hi Luke - thanks for replying.

During the install process of Emby on the WD I do not get to choose a username/password. So I really don't know what it is setup to be.

Tried using same username/password as for the WD - but without any luck.

• 2 weeks later...

It's what you previously set it up to be. What most likely happened is you installed emby server, setup a username and password, then uninstalled. When you uninstall, the server's data folder is not removed, so after reinstalling, you need to login with the same credentials that you setup the first time.

If you've forgotten what that is, please try using the forgot password function and let us know if that helps. Thanks.

@cayars can you point to the recent similar topic of a western digital user who wanted to delete the data directory to make a fresh start? Thanks.

On 8/3/2021 at 6:41 AM, chrillerb said:

Hi there,

Just installed Emby on my WD My Cloud Mirror (2nd gen). And it seems like the server is running.

Problem is though: I cannot login to the server. Tried using my Emby-login from another server - without any luck. And I don't have the password for the user suggested as a standard.
I tried selecting "forgot password" - but then a text file is sent to somewhere on the WD My Cloud that I cannot acces ...

You should be able to get to the file using SSH or putty.

Check out this WD article on using SSH for your NAS

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26497/kw/winscp#subject3