Movie database

JCoryShe

JCoryShe

I have a huge collection of movie files and it's hard to keep track of all of them and over the years I noticed that some dissapear without reason. So I'm looking for a utility that will create a database of the movies and will scan the directory and tell me what has changed if that makes sense. Kind of like a running inventory of all my movie files that's smart enough to let me know when one is missing 

• Like 1

chef

Hi, so we would create a db table with all the media, and then cross reference the items with what is currently in the libraries of emby. We can do that. Maybe a schedule task.

Quick question, any idea why is your media disappearing? 

Edited by chef

chef

Okay, I whipped up a quick plugin which saves the Tmdb id of each item to a data set. Then all we have to do is take the total record set, save that number to a config, and if that number gets smaller, we'll alert the activity log on the dashboard.

I need to test a bit more... 

Is that what you were after?

JCoryShe

I actually don't know if someone accidentally deleted them or if the directory stated corrupting I recently built a home media server with all new drives and after copying them over and rechecked them twice I noticed alot of the older ones were missing that I hadn't watched in awhile so I'm not really sure what happened to them.

I was hoping to have something that would keep checking so maybe I could figure that out and replace and/or repair it

chef
9 hours ago, JCoryShe said:

I actually don't know if someone accidentally deleted them or if the directory stated corrupting I recently built a home media server with all new drives and after copying them over and rechecked them twice I noticed alot of the older ones were missing that I hadn't watched in awhile so I'm not really sure what happened to them.

I was hoping to have something that would keep checking so maybe I could figure that out and replace and/or repair it

I'll post a plugin here this evening for ya. 

CBers
On 01/08/2021 at 13:23, JCoryShe said:

I have a huge collection of movie files and it's hard to keep track of all of them and over the years I noticed that some dissapear without reason. So I'm looking for a utility that will create a database of the movies and will scan the directory and tell me what has changed if that makes sense. Kind of like a running inventory of all my movie files that's smart enough to let me know when one is missing 

You could install Radarr to keep track of your movies.

It's used for other purposes, but has a good UI for you to look at your content.

• Like 1

GrimReaper

Exactly, Radarr would be the perfect tool for this particular scenario, as it would literally list an existing db movie under Missing if it was not found upon regular scan. 

Edited by GrimReaper76
Typo

JCoryShe

Did the plugin not work I haven't seen anything to try? I couldn't get radarr to work correctly I'm not sure why but thanks