I need to edit out commericals, any easy-to-use mp4 editors out there?

Bingie

Bingie

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked before.  I'm finally getting around to editing my first mp4 file.  Specifically, I want to edit out commercials, and clean up the start and end of the video.

Something easy to use, runs on windows, would love free open source, but I'm willing to pay if it's really good and hopefully not too expensive.  Needs to handle 1080p 60fps mp4 files (I started with 30fps but some panning scenes can be choppy, 60fps cleans it up).

I'm grateful for any suggestions, I'm willing to test a few different apps.

Thanks!

Edited by Bingyyyy

Bingie

btw i'm now using the free open source OBS Studio to capture and record streaming video to my pc (it's awesome), which saves to mkv files first, before converting to mp4.  It's my understanding mkv files are easier to manipulate, so if no good mp4 editors, I can re-record some stuff back into mkv.

arrbee99

You can try Avidemux. I use it, not that thats much of a recommendation. Mark the beginning, mark the end (of ads) and ctrl-x. Can be a bit fussy with keyframes maybe. Anyway, can't go wrong with free.

Never tried with 60fps though.

Edited by arrbee99

MCEBuddy will do a decent job of removing most commercials but it still misses some.

I use a combination of this plus AVIDemux.  I let MCEBuddy do it's thing without converting the file, then I edit with AVIDemux to fix the beginning, end and quickly scroll through the video to look for any commercials missed.

• Like 1