Is there a way to have movies in 2 different sections

RoyH
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

GrimReaper
39 minutes ago, RoyH said:

Ok dont have the faintest idea what I am doing here I download the tool see below now I cant figure out anything else

1. How do you set bebugging tool  to true in HTML

2. The first is the URL to your Emby server on your local LAN. It will be something like "http://192.168.1.300:8096/emby/".  Now I find what I assume is the emby url here In-Home (LAN) access:http://192.168.1.300:8096 but it dont have the /emby/ at the end do I have to add that and where do I enter this info

3. the API I figured this one out but dont know where I enter it.

image.png.58c226a144a21a2db8c94195bf38c89e.png

Edit tool.html with a text editor, like Notepad++, and you will see fields where to enter your server address and API key, just replace those existing ones. 

Edit: Simply copy/paste your address from Dashboard, between the quotation marks; ditto for API key. 

Edit2: Just to give you an idea how many tags I have in only one of my libraries:

I use them for literally everything on my server: Access control, custom Collections creation, Playlists, Virtual TV channels, but most of all for content searching, as you can search terms, not only titles: prison escape? space station? Nurse fetish? 🤣

I have yet to find something that crossed my mind that I didn't have a movie or two of. 

Screenshot 2021-07-30 223523.png

Screenshot 2021-07-30 223704.png

Screenshot 2021-07-30 223747.png

Edited by GrimReaper76
Append / Too many Justs

58 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Edit tool.html with a text editor, like Notepad++, and you will see fields where to enter your server address and API key, just replace those existing ones. 

Edit: Simply copy/paste your address from Dashboard, between the quotation marks; ditto for API key. 

Hey, that was so easy, now I feel stupid, I was trying to figure it out for hours, then decide to ask how to do it you told me about the Notepad edit and now I am a "pro" ... LOL. This is exactly what I wanted I am tagging the movies in the Kids folder Kids so my grandson and my daughter can view those movies and tagging some of the movies in the Movies folder "Teen" so my daughter can view those and as she get older I will tag other ones that become age appropriate "Teen" wish I had asked earlier would have saved me a lot of time.

• Like 2

rbjtech

Once you are 'up to date' with the tagging - then you can just use Emby itself to continue to add tags - do it via 'Edit metadata' - but you can only do one at a time.  (hence the need for the external tool lol) - or continue to use the tool - your choice.    Glad you are all sorted. 👍 

On 7/31/2021 at 11:02 AM, rbjtech said:

Once you are 'up to date' with the tagging - then you can just use Emby itself to continue to add tags - do it via 'Edit metadata' - but you can only do one at a time.  (hence the need for the external tool lol) - or continue to use the tool - your choice.    Glad you are all sorted. 👍 

Thanks nice to know that I can tag from Emby as I was thinking I always had to use the tool