Nvidia Server suddenly not updating music?

Meijinhada

Meijinhada

So, July 23, I uploaded an album to my music folder on the Synology NAS I have the Emby server on my Nvidia Shield pointing to.  No issue, it shows up fine.

Cut to two days later, and I have a lot of video game music uploaded to the same NAS.  I realized a day later that Emby didn't pick them up.  Tried manually updating the server; it stops at around 10%.  It says there's an error, but if I check my other Emby server, which is running directly off that NAS, and uses the same exact folder for music, it's working perfectly fine.  That one is still running the 4.6.0.52 beta.

I also tried updating the server itself to 4.6.4.0; no dice.

Spoiler

Exception of type 'SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException' was thrown.
at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk (SQLitePCLEx.sqlite3 db, System.Int32 rc) [0x00017] in <eb3dffe5b2144f0ba52a0c7ca5b364ac>:0
at SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException.CheckOk (SQLitePCLEx.sqlite3_stmt stmt, System.Int32 rc) [0x00006] in <eb3dffe5b2144f0ba52a0c7ca5b364ac>:0
at SQLitePCL.pretty.StatementImpl.MoveNext () [0x0004a] in <eb3dffe5b2144f0ba52a0c7ca5b364ac>:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.ExecuteWithStringFormatParam (SQLitePCL.pretty.IDatabaseConnection db, System.String query, System.String valueText, System.Int64[] values) [0x00034] in &lt;12df4210870e4dcdb22b6b6063bd2b66&gt;:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.DeleteItemsInTransaction (SQLitePCL.pretty.IDatabaseConnection db, System.Int64[] ids, System.Boolean supportsPeople, System.Boolean supportsChapters, System.Boolean supportsCollections, System.Boolean supportsMediaStreams, System.Boolean supportsListItems, System.Boolean supportsExternalDatabases) [0x00114] in &lt;12df4210870e4dcdb22b6b6063bd2b66&gt;:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.DeleteItemsInChunks (System.Int64[] ids, SQLitePCL.pretty.IDatabaseConnection db, System.Boolean supportsPeople, System.Boolean supportsChapters, System.Boolean supportsCollections, System.Boolean supportsMediaStreams, System.Boolean supportsListItems, System.Boolean supportsExternalDatabases) [0x00027] in &lt;12df4210870e4dcdb22b6b6063bd2b66&gt;:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.DeleteItems (System.Int64[] ids) [0x00048] in &lt;12df4210870e4dcdb22b6b6063bd2b66&gt;:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.DeleteItems (MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem[] items) [0x0002b] in &lt;12df4210870e4dcdb22b6b6063bd2b66&gt;:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.DeleteItem (MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem item, MediaBrowser.Controller.Library.DeleteOptions options, MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem parent, System.Boolean notifyParentItem) [0x00265] in &lt;12df4210870e4dcdb22b6b6063bd2b66&gt;:0
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal (System.IProgress`1[T] progress, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken, System.Boolean recursive, System.Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.IDirectoryService directoryService) [0x0022e] in <c9fbcb8f72284febb48d9d3eeb16364c>:0
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateSubFolders (MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem[] children, MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.IDirectoryService directoryService, System.IProgress`1[T] progress, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x0013f] in <c9fbcb8f72284febb48d9d3eeb16364c>:0
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal (System.IProgress`1[T] progress, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken, System.Boolean recursive, System.Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.IDirectoryService directoryService) [0x00395] in <c9fbcb8f72284febb48d9d3eeb16364c>:0
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateSubFolders (MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.BaseItem[] children, MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.IDirectoryService directoryService, System.IProgress`1[T] progress, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x0013f] in <c9fbcb8f72284febb48d9d3eeb16364c>:0
at MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.Folder.ValidateChildrenInternal (System.IProgress`1[T] progress, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken, System.Boolean recursive, System.Boolean refreshChildMetadata, MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.MetadataRefreshOptions refreshOptions, MediaBrowser.Controller.Providers.IDirectoryService directoryService) [0x00395] in <c9fbcb8f72284febb48d9d3eeb16364c>:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.PerformLibraryValidation (System.IProgress`1[T] progress, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x0014a] in &lt;12df4210870e4dcdb22b6b6063bd2b66&gt;:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ValidateMediaLibraryInternal (System.IProgress`1[T] progress, System.Threading.CancellationToken cancellationToken) [0x00092] in &lt;12df4210870e4dcdb22b6b6063bd2b66&gt;:0
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal (MediaBrowser.Model.Tasks.TaskOptions options) [0x001b0] in &lt;12df4210870e4dcdb22b6b6063bd2b66&gt;:0 </c9fbcb8f72284febb48d9d3eeb16364c></c9fbcb8f72284febb48d9d3eeb16364c></c9fbcb8f72284febb48d9d3eeb16364c></c9fbcb8f72284febb48d9d3eeb16364c></c9fbcb8f72284febb48d9d3eeb16364c></c9fbcb8f72284febb48d9d3eeb16364c></c9fbcb8f72284febb48d9d3eeb16364c></c9fbcb8f72284febb48d9d3eeb16364c></c9fbcb8f72284febb48d9d3eeb16364c></c9fbcb8f72284febb48d9d3eeb16364c></c9fbcb8f72284febb48d9d3eeb16364c></eb3dffe5b2144f0ba52a0c7ca5b364ac></eb3dffe5b2144f0ba52a0c7ca5b364ac></eb3dffe5b2144f0ba52a0c7ca5b364ac>

Hi, you're getting a FOREIGN KEY constraint failed.

Another user has reported this same issue that we're looking into on Android Server that happens when trying to delete the last episode of a seriers.

Have you moved or removed any TV Shows?

Meijinhada
12 hours ago, cayars said:

Another user has reported this same issue that we're looking into on Android Server that happens when trying to delete the last episode of a seriers.

No, I've only got music on these servers.  I HAVE deleted a few things, but I did that directly from the NAS itself, not through Emby.

Understood but Emby still has to delete them when they don't exist and that causes the foreign key violation error.

This is something @Luke needs to look at.

Meijinhada

Is there any sort of workaround to get it to update again, or is it just a wait and see for now?

13 hours ago, cayars said:

No, I've only got music on these servers.  I HAVE deleted a few things, but I did that directly from the NAS itself, not through Emby.

No, this seems to be an issue only seen on the Android Server when deleting info from the database.

• 2 weeks later...

@Meijinhada I'm not sure what would have caused this. Did you by any chance at one point go back and forth between the beta and stable channels on the same installation of the server?

@Luke this is reproducible on Android. You can add media (show/album) but then on delete of the last item it gets the foreign key error. Only happens on Android that I know of.

Meijinhada

Yeah, I guess it's just a waiting game until the solution is fixed.

Although I would ask....if I delete my Music library and re-sync it new, would that fix the issue by circumventing the error?

(And does that wipe my playlists too?  I hope not.  I really would like to not have to redo those...)

You could try that.  Playlists should point to the media location on disc so as long as the media ends up with the same path I think you would be ok with the playlists.

Meijinhada
On 8/17/2021 at 8:15 AM, cayars said:

You could try that.  Playlists should point to the media location on disc so as long as the media ends up with the same path I think you would be ok with the playlists.

Well, I did try to remove it.  It won't let me even do that.  I think the same update error stops it from updating the removal.

Did you shutdown Emby Server and edit the files then follow the directions after restarting Emby?

This does work as I've done it on my system and others many times.

Meijinhada

I did shut down and delete the library files, but didn't edit.  I had tried following the directions I had seen posted somewhere else (that I don't have on hand right now), but it didn't work originally. 

Meijinhada

Nothing at all.  I shut it down, deleting the files, rebooted, and absolutely nothing had changed.  I believe the next steps were to download some program to edit some other files, but...don't have the instructions in front of me to verify exactly what it was.  That I didn't do, I just tried deleting the library.db.

49 minutes ago, Meijinhada said:

Nothing at all.  I shut it down, deleting the files, rebooted, and absolutely nothing had changed.  I believe the next steps were to download some program to edit some other files, but...don't have the instructions in front of me to verify exactly what it was.  That I didn't do, I just tried deleting the library.db.

The next step would be to start the server, run a full scan of all libraries, and then wait for that to complete.

Meijinhada

Deleting the library.db did nothing.  I can't scan the libraries still, nor can I remove it to try again.  It does nothing at all.

On 8/21/2021 at 3:50 PM, Meijinhada said:

Deleting the library.db did nothing.  I can't scan the libraries still, nor can I remove it to try again.  It does nothing at all.

@Meijinhada would you mind trying again by deleting the library.db file, then start the server, run a scan of all libraries. Then allow that scan to either finish or fail, and then attach the emby server log?

The reason I ask is because the error in your log is associated with removing content from the database, but of course if you delete the database, then there's nothing to remove and a full scan should be successful. Thanks.

Meijinhada

Okay, I finally got it going.  It helps that I remember where to delete the library.db from (seeing as I pulled a dummy and deleted it from the wrong server originally), and then finally managed to run a scan.  I had to add a new library (as deleting it wiped everything), but now I have TWO music libraries; the original (somehow) magically re-appeared, and a second one.  Can't remove either of them.  And it took quite a while to get everything to finally run, which wasn't surprising.

Attached the log.

embyserver.txt

On 8/24/2021 at 1:20 AM, Meijinhada said:

Okay, I finally got it going.  It helps that I remember where to delete the library.db from (seeing as I pulled a dummy and deleted it from the wrong server originally), and then finally managed to run a scan.  I had to add a new library (as deleting it wiped everything), but now I have TWO music libraries; the original (somehow) magically re-appeared, and a second one.  Can't remove either of them.  And it took quite a while to get everything to finally run, which wasn't surprising.

Attached the log.

embyserver.txt 15.63 MB · 0 downloads

Can you shutdown the server and send me a copy of the library.db file? Thanks.